Chapter 84- A Safe Place

Isabel finally found the light at the end of the tunnel. She practically ran towards it, and when she made it to the other side, she was surprised, yet somehow also not surprised at all, to find her confidant waiting there for her. She ran up to him and fell easily into his embrace, letting the feeling of safety wash over her. And in that moment, she knew in her heart that this was where she was meant to be- right here in his arms.

******************

"Hmm, okay, which one do I think would be a good starting point? Okay, let me think..."

"Ciara, give it a rest already. I told you I'm fine with whichever one you want to start with. You're my guest, remember?" Reid mentioned, and Ciara looked over at him with a sheepish smile. While they were on the road to Reid's apartment, Ciara had pulled out the three movies she had brought and was deciding which one to start with. It was funny- Ciara hadn't ever thought about Reid driving. He took the subway far more than he actually drove. This was probably the first time Ciara had actually been in a car with him while he was the one behind the wheel.

"I know, Spencer, but I want to pick one I think ye'll appreciate. That way ye don't swear off movies forever."

"Okay, that's not fair. I never said I didn't like movies. I go to the movies occasionally. I just don't keep them in my apartment, and it's hard for me to find a movie I enjoy."

"That's because ye struggle with suspension of disbelief," Ciara noted, and Reid gave a self-deprecating laugh.

"That's not the first time I've heard that."

"Well, maybe I can teach ye how to do it. But first, to choose. Let's see, ye might enjoy the historical aspect of Prince of Egypt, plus it's a story ye already know. Treasure Planet might appeal to ye because of the literary reference and it's set in space. Who doesn't love a good space movie? And The Matrix... okay, I've got it! We're going to save The Matrix for the end because best for last and all that. We'll watch Prince of Egypt first because ye need to know the absolute banger that is 'Deliver Us'. And then Treasure Planet. How does that sound?" Ciara asked, and Reid laughed a little.

"I already told you, I'm good with whatever order you choose. Although, I am curious, what's the literary reference in Treasure Planet?" Reid asked, and Ciara smiled over at him.

"It's based loosely on Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. The main difference, though, is that it's set in the future, and in outer space. And some of the characters are different. But, overall, I think it stays pretty true to the theme of the book. And 'I'm Still Here' is a banger," Ciara said, and Reid looked back over at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You say the word 'banger' like I'm supposed to know what the hell that means."

"Right, right. Okay, so songs can usually be filtered into one of three categories. Bop, jam, and banger. A bop is something that ye casually enjoy or something light. A jam is usually something nostalgic, a personal anthem that ye just respond to no matter the situation. A jam is immortal. But a banger? A banger goes fecking hard, sometimes needlessly so, and usually invokes some deep emotion even if ye don't know what that emotion is. Now, I don't really know how to explain what I mean when I say it 'goes hard'. Hopefully ye'll understand what I mean when ye hear 'Deliver Us'. They did not have to go that hard for the opening song of an animated movie, but they did. They did that for us," Ciara explained. Reid nodded like he understood, but Ciara could tell he didn't really. He probably understood the concept, but he didn't understand it practically.

"If you say so," Reid muttered quietly. Ciara couldn't help but crack a smile. Reid was a man who was used to knowing everything, and she knew it frustrated him immensely when he didn't understand something. But, they were pulling into the parking lot of his apartment building, so they'd be watching Prince Of Egypt soon enough and she could explain the difference between bangers, bops, and jams with practical examples. "Deliver Us" was easily a banger, "Through Heaven's Eyes" was a bop, and "When You Believe" was a song she considered to be a jam, especially since Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey had done a cover of the song.