Chapter 46- The Wedding

Isabel rubbed her wrists, trying not to look at the devil's smirking face. He'd decided that since her friends thought she was dead and would therefore stop looking for her, he ought to mark her as hell's own. Now, what he didn't know was that the lake had talked to her, telling her that it had sent her friends a vision, telling them that she was alive. But he didn't need to know about that. It would make it that much more of a surprise when the lake decided to help break her free. How it was going to go about doing that, Isabel didn't know, but she had a feeling she'd know when the time was nigh.

She looked down at her wrists where he had burned his mark into her. It was a perverse game, a mockery of the holy sacrament of marriage. He thought that doing so would keep her down here forever, but that was where he was wrong. Nothing like a real marriage could ever occur down here, and certainly not with it done against Isabel's will. That may fly down here, but the universe would never recognize it. All she had to do was break free, and she'd be away from him forever.

*******************

"I guess it just seems illogical," Reid said, and Teresa turned towards him, taking her hand away from the window. They'd been discussing this for some time now. While Teresa was glad to be invited to such an event, Reid wasn't even sure why the event was occurring. They were driving through the streets of D.C. in her car, Ria excitedly humming away in the back seat and playing with her dress. They had decided to drive together, and while Reid had wanted to take his own car, he hadn't wanted to go through the hassle of transferring Ria's car seat. In the end, they decided he'd just drive hers. Now, that was what Teresa thought was illogical. Why would she not just drive her own? But Reid had insisted, and she'd given in. "Having a wedding, I mean. Considering everything that's happened in the last few days."

"I still don't understand what's so illogical about a wedding," Teresa mentioned, and Reid thought for a moment. It was mid-April, and the weather was perfect for a wedding. Teresa had been overjoyed when Reid had asked her if she wanted to go with him, and Ria had been invited, too. Neither of them got many chances to dress up, and Teresa wanted to spend time with the BAU under better circumstances. The wedding of one of their own seemed a perfect time. And, to tell the truth, Teresa hadn't ever been to one, but she felt safe knowing the wedding of Jennifer Jareau and William LaMontagne, Jr. would be her first one.

"You know JJ's said no to him several times, right? But just after Will nearly gets blown up, now she decides she wants to marry him?" Reid thought aloud, and Teresa paused for a moment.

"Okay, some new information in that sentence. What the hell happened that Will nearly got blown up?" Teresa wondered.

"Ah, well, bank robbers wanting to be terrorists. The usual."

"Okay, Dr. Reid, that may be usual in your world, but definitely not in mine," Teresa said, and Reid laughed softly. "Actually, that makes a shotgun wedding make a lot more sense."

"Technically, it wouldn't be a shotgun wedding. A shotgun wedding is a wedding that happens in a hurry because the bride is pregnant. It's an American colloquialism coined from the stereotypical scenario where the father of the bride would hold a shotgun to the reluctant groom to make sure he followed through the wedding," Reid explained, and this time, it was Teresa's turn to laugh.

"I should have known I'd get a long explanation. Anyway, it makes more sense now. JJ probably realized that she couldn't imagine her life without Will. She realized that she didn't want to wait because the next time she or Will gets into a bad situation, they may not make it out alive. She just wants to spend the rest of their lives together, and they wanted to make it official sooner rather than later," Teresa explained, but she could tell by the look on his face that he still didn't quite understand it. "Don't worry about it. Let's just have fun and celebrate the happy couple, why don't we?"