Chapter 39- The Rape Of Lucrece

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains graphic descriptions of sexual assault.

Here's how I found out what hell looks like.

She brought the comforter around her. Russell and Mindy were both on their spring break trips, meaning that Lucrece had the apartment all to herself. Whenever she did, she liked to sleep in Mindy's bed. She didn't have a bed of her own and usually slept on the floor, so she lived for these stolen moments. She was so meticulous that she could have the room exactly how Mindy had left it before she returned. Lucy had done this several times, and Mindy had never found out.

But this time, she wasn't actually alone. She had a visitor. Once Mindy and Russell left, she had taken a moment to sneak outside, something that she wasn't allowed to do when Mindy and Russell were home. Lucy didn't mind that part so much. The outside could be scary. Well, okay, the outside wasn't scary- it was the things in the outside. And she had no clue how right she was to be scared. Because when she went outside, she found the scariest thing of all. If only she had known it at the time.

He seemed true. He had come up to her and sweet-talked her, told her that even from a distance, he could sense that she was a good Samaritan. She wasn't used to flattery, and she had no clue how to react. But she considered herself a good person, so she heard him out. He told her that he was a discharged veteran with nowhere to go. He had been discharged from the Air Force and had left Offutt, only to find that the apartment lease he had signed had fallen through. He had stayed in a hotel until he found a new place, but his money was out and his new apartment wouldn't be ready for four days. He just needed somewhere to stay for three nights, and he would pay her for the intrusion when he had a chance.

Lucy believed him. She knew that military vets were mistreated all the time. And besides, Mindy and Russell wouldn't be back for five days, so she'd have two days to bring the apartment back up to code. So, she agreed to let him say. He could have the couch because while she stole Mindy's bed, letting this man steal Russell's was another thing entirely. She didn't feel comfortable with that, but he was okay with the couch. He introduced himself as James, but she didn't ask for a last name. He'd stay, he'd leave, and they'd never cross paths again. She didn't need his last name.

They were on the third night, and James would be leaving in the morning. To be honest, Lucy was almost sad to see him leave. It was nice, sharing the apartment with someone that wasn't Mindy or Russell. Having a new face around was nice. But he had to go, and she had to get the apartment up to code. So she brought the comforter around her tighter, knowing she'd need her sleep for the next day. She was already half-asleep when she heard footsteps in the room. She hadn't quite fully woken back up yet when someone grabbed her hair and forced her head back.

"You are one little bitch, you know that?" Finally, her brain shifted into gear and she looked to see James standing over her, her hair tangled in his fist, forcing her to look at him. Before, he was sweet and even a little flirty with her. But now his face was dark and twisted with anger, and she shrunk back in fear. She wanted to get away from him and his anger, even if she didn't know what had caused it. But when she tried to move, he simply gripped her hair harder, keeping her in place.

"W-What are you-?"

"I can't tell if you're really so stupid that you can't see it or if you were just playing innocent to torture me. But I don't care. It ends now," he said.

"I-I... I don't know w-what..." she stammered, but he stopped her by pulling her head up and landing his lips on hers. The kiss wasn't gentle. It was forceful and she tried to get away from him. Lucy didn't know what he wanted, or what she wasn't seeing, but what she did know was that she wanted his mouth off of hers. She hadn't ever been kissed before, but she knew this wasn't how it was supposed to be. She tried to back away, but his grip on her hair kept her there. She was stuck, and all she could do was whimper when he forced his tongue into her mouth.