Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine|Skates and Rain Drops

*Rory's POV*

It was the last lesson of the day and I was sat outside on the grass with Amy who had a free lesson like I did. I was watching her as she scribbled furiously in her notebook, a small frown on her forehead as she constantly reached up to push her glasses back up her small button nose.

"You okay, Amy?" I asked her as I closed my history textbook.

"Yeah, I just really hate business studies." She told me as she placed her pen down and closed her book too.

"At least its nearly the end of the day." I told her.

"Yeah, do you need a lift home?" She asked me as she began putting aways all of her books.

"No, thanks." I smiled. "Ryder is taking me."

"My brother?" She grinned strangely at me.

"Um, yeah." I said. "Why are you grinning like that?"

"Its nothing. He's just never really taken an interest in the girls around here, until you arrived." She explained before standing up and slinging her bag over her shoulder.

I quickly followed her lead and stood up with my own bag.

"Let's go to the car park, the bell will be ringing soon." I told her.

We walked across the sports field that we had been sat on and made our way towards the front of the school as the bell rang.

As if by magic, students ran out of the numerous doors and into the car park.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Rory." Amy said as she gave me a quick hug.

"See you tomorrow." I smiled before she ran off to her car, leaving me by the doors on my own.

"Hey princess."

I jumped at the sound of Ryder's voice from behind me.

"Crap, you scared me." I told him once I had turned to face him.

"Sorry." He laughed. "You ready to go to the ice rink?" He grinned showing me his perfect teeth.

"I'm always ready to skate." I grinned back and followed him to his car.

"Did you get into any fights today then?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Not today." I laughed. "But there's always tomorrow."

"I'd prefer it if you didn't get in any fights, to be honest."

"But where's the fun in that?" I joked. "So anyway, how was your evening with Elliott and the boys at my house? I fell asleep so I didn't hear any of you leave."

"It was pretty good. Elliott's a cool guy." He told me as he opened the passenger car door for me so I quickly thanked him as I climbed in.

I fastened my seat belt as he ran around the car and climbed in the drivers side.

"Elliott is definitely a cool guy." I agreed as he started the engine.

"Woah wait!" I told him as he began reversing out of the parking spot.

"What?" He asked stopping the car.

I rolled my eyes and leaned over him to grab his seat belt that he had forgotten to put on. I didn't realise how close we were until I felt him tense beneath me. I turned my face and felt our noses brush.

Quickly, I pulled away, embarassed. I felt my face heat up as I fastened his seat belt before I returned to my own seat.

"Sorry, I have a thing about seat belts." I told him as I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.