Chapter Seven.

Picture of Ryder (played by Colin Wayne - except Ryder has black hair not brown) is on the side.

--------

Chapter Seven|Out With Amy

*Rory's POV*

I allowed Amy to climb off of my bike first as I turned off the engine. I took off my hemet and climbed off too before taking both our helmets and attaching them to my bike.

"So this is the place?" I asked her as followed her towards the front door of the small diner.

It did look like a nice place; it was a vintage looking diner and I immediately loved Amy's taste.

"Yeah. I come here nearly everyday after school. Its my favourite place." She explained as she led me inside.

"Well I love it." I smiled as she led me over to the booth in the far corner.

Nearly as soon as we sat down the waitress who looked in her late forties came over with her note pad and smiled.

"Hello Amy." She smiled as she hugged Amy.

"Hello Linda. This is my friend Rory - she's just moved to town the other day." Amy explained.

"Well then, Rory - welcome to our little haven." Linda smiled as she squeezed my shoulder.

"Its nice to meet you, Linda." I smiled.

"You too dear." She smiled. "Now what can I get you girls?"

"I'll have the chocolate milkshake and my usual slice of pizza and fries, please." Amy said.

"Can I have the vanilla milkshake and the chicken burger with fries, please?" I asked.

Linda smiled and wrote down our orders on her note pad.

"I'll be back with your orders." She said and left us.

"She seems nice." I said referring to Linda.

"She is. I've known her for three years now." She said.

"So when do you wanna hang out again?" I asked her.

"Umm...I don't mind. This weekend perhaps?" She asked.

"Yes! You could show me around some more?" I suggested and she nodded eagerly.

"Great!" She grinned just as Linda brought our milkshakes over.

"Thank you." Amy and I said as she placed our drinks on the table. She smiled at us before walking away again.

"This milkshake is the best thing I have ever tasted." I moaned as I swallowed my first sip.

"Everything from here is amazing." Amy said.

I smiled and played with the straw that was sticking out of my milkshake.

"So do you have any other siblings or is it just Ryder and Lewis?" I asked her.

"I have a younger brother too. What about you? Is that Elliott guy your brother?" She asked me.

"No." I laughed lightly. "He's just my best friend. He was orphaned a while ago so my dad adopted him and he's lived with my dad and I ever since."

"Wow that's cool!" She smiled.

"Yeah it is." I smiled.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but you said 'dad and I'... does that mean you don't live with your mum or something?" She asked hesitantly.

"My mum died a while ago and my dad decided to have a fresh start so we moved here." I told her.

"Oh... I'm so sorry." She said sadly.