Chapter Five.

Chapter Five | First Words

*Ryder's POV*

I sat in the cafeteria with my group of friends from my pack that consisted of Alex (my beta) and Josh (my third in command), along with Lewis, Jared, Tyler, Eddie, Jack, Nate, Chad and Austin.

"So what happened this morning Alex? Did the new girl really turn you down?" Chad asked causing my gaze to snap up at the mention of my mate. Only Josh knew because he found out during English but I wanted to tell my parents before more of the pack found out. And I wanted to actually talk to Rory first. I actually haven't said anything to her yet but I kept smiling when I remembered how she smiled at me in History when I sat beside her.

I was glad Lewis was friends with her as it would give me a better chance of being around her more but I hated seeing him hug her earlier... only I could do that, she was mine.

"Yeah she turned me down but in the sexiest way." Alex grinned.

I gripped the table to control my anger.

"What's she like?" Jack asked.

"Funny but also scary when she threatened me. Her friend Elliott is great too, really cool to talk to. But I found out that her father is our new Ice Hockey Coach." Alex told us and that's when I really started paying attention.

/Ryder I need to see you, now/ I stopped listening to my friend's conversation when I heard my father's voice via our mind link.

/Where are you?/ I replied.

/I'm on my way to the school for a meeting with the principal, I need you to meet me afterwards for a quick talk/ He explained.

/Okay. I'll head there now/

I cut the mind link and stood from the table, all my friends looking at me in question. "I need to see my father." I told them before I walked from the cafeteria, eyes following me the whole way.

I rubbed my hand through my dark hair as I walked the halls. I hated meeting with the principal he was so frustrating and even though I was Alpha he annoyed me.

I sighed frustratedly before the scent of vanilla and coconut engulfed my senses. It was her.

My eyes lit up excitedly as I scanned the hall and frowned confusedly when the smell was coming from the reception. As soon as I walked in I saw her. I saw my beautiful mate sat outside the principals office on one of the plastic chairs.

I felt my heart clench when I felt her pain. Was she upset? Was she injured?

She was leaning forwards, her hair hiding her face as he forearms rested on her knees.

I felt a growl bubble in my throat when I smelled her blood. She was hurt! WHO THE HELL HURT MY MATE?!

I tried to calm down as worry overwhelmed me and my wolf. I immediately walked over to her and took the seat beside her.

I smiled when she looked up at me, her bright green eyes staring into mine.

"Hi." She said making my lips tug up in a smile at the sound of her voice.

"Hi. I'm Ryder, I haven't been able to properly introduce myself yet." I said as I stuck out my hand for her to shake.

"I'm Rory." She smiled as she shook my hand. I saw her eyes widen when she felt those amazing sparks as we touched and I could hear my wolf purring at the touch.

I frowned when I saw her flinch as she moved her arm back. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." She lied. I could feel that she wasn't fine.