Chapter 14: Back to the Dead

Darkness...

That's all that I could see as my body floated in a bottomless dark abyss. I couldn't move my body, I couldn't speak. I couldn't even open my eyes to gaze around my surroundings. I was just there; useless.

I was just left with my thoughts, which of course was thinking about Charlie and the last events that had just happened, seeing her face and hearing her yell out my name, trying to get to me; to rescue me from her father.

Charlie... my Charlie, I'm sorry. I should have been stronger against your father, I should have done better for you. In the end, I had to leave you again...

All of a sudden, I saw a bright light that was coming closer at a fast pace. I hear my name being called by familiar voices. I can hear them, but I can't answer back, I can't move my body to acknowledge them. The light approaches and engulfs me, the next thing I know my whole body is in pain. What is going on? Why am I feeling pain again?

"Alastor! You strawberry bastard, open your fucking eyes!" I could hear another familiar voice call my name. Was that Angel?

"Alastor! You fucking shit lord, wake up! Charlie is in trouble!" I heard a female voice call for me this time, it was Vaggie. But how was I able to hear their voices when I'm dead dead? Charlie's in trouble?

That's when it hit me, Seviathan, Lucifer arranged for them to be married and she can't stand Seviathan. I need to do something! I try to work through the pain and try to at least open my eyes. Come on Alastor! Open your eyes! I build up all my strength I have left and work on opening my eyes.

After a few minutes, I succeeded in opening my eyes just a bit. I groan gently and open my eyes all the way. My vision is blurry at first but then it clears up and I see the shocked faces of Angel Dust, Vaggie, Husk and Nifty. Angel Dust and Vaggie had tears in their eyes, so was Nifty and I could tell Husk was trying to hold back his tears. I was about to say something but my throat clenched up and I ended up coughing harshly, gritting my teeth.

"Hey, take it easy Al.." Angel started and looked over at me concerned.

"Nifty, go get him something to drink real quick," Vaggie instructed Nifty, looking at her stern and then looking back at me with the same concerned look as Angel. Nifty does as she was instructed and zips out of the room to get a glass of water. She soon comes back with a glass of water. She gets on her stool and bends over to me, slowly pouring water inside my mouth so that way he could probably talk to them. Once the liquid has gone down my throat, soothing the aching a bit, I clear my throat and look towards them.

"How am I here?" I say weakly, straining to get words out because of my throat. I looked at my body and it was covered in bandages. I was afraid to look underneath those bandages to see what the holy fire left of my skin.

"I had a favor from an acquaintance and he pulled some strings with a noble to help us out in healing you and making sure you were not too far gone." Angel Dust said, "They're still here, in case we needed him again."

I can hear a conversation being held outside of the room, hearing a high pitched male voice talking with a lower male voice, it seems that they are both talking to each other about their feelings and how the deeper voice male has issues trusting people when it comes to love. I'm choosing to stay out of that conversation since there isn't really anything I can do at the moment. I look back at the group of friends that are gathered where I am laying. Honestly, I don't even know where the hell I am, nor how long I have been out.

"Where am I and how long have I been unconscious?" I asked them, looking stern and worried about Charlie. They all exchanged glances and had a look of sadness in their eyes, except for Husk, he had a pissed off look in his eyes.

"We're at your old flat, it was abandoned for the longest time but it still belonged to you so we thought it was an okay place to bring you. As for the second question, when we found your body, you were full on dead. We had to pull some strings with another demon to at least bring your vitals back at least and then Angel asked for that favor with that pompous ass noble." Husk explained. So I actually did die, they were just able to bring me back? I didn't even realize that was possible.

"Husker, how long have I been gone?" I asked sternly, getting concerned now about my absence from everything. He glanced at me and gave me a stern look.

"It's been a year."

My eyes widened and I sat up quickly, immediately regretting that decision and groaned from the pain. "A year!?" I yelled, furious that it took them that long to bring me back. Has Charlie married Seviathan yet? Is she doing alright?

"Calm down Alastor, we found your body early when it was dumped, we were able to bring your vitals back within the next few weeks after we found you and get you healed up. You were just in a coma for the entire year. We have been trying to wake you up but we didn't get anything." Vaggie explained to me, pushing me back to laying down on the bed.

"And Charlie? What's happened to her?" I asked Vaggie, looking worried about her.

"Charlie is getting married to Seviathan soon, like within the next month or so. She's been grieving your death and would not even talk to her father nor Seviathan. I would have to try my hardest to get her to talk to me about something. She was completely broken after having to see you die in front of her." Vaggie explained. I looked down and gripped my hands, growling softly.

"I'm going to kill them...." I growled out while a dark aura surrounded me. I've had the entire year to heal, so this is just pain that will stay and will take a while to work out. I can deal with it. I just need to get in top shape again so that way I can win my fiancé back.

"Easy there killer, one step at a time. You had just woken up from being dead and being in a coma for an entire year." Vaggie said, trying to calm me down, but it wasn't working, if anything it was fueling the flame inside me. I swung my legs around and stood up, only to fall back down on the bed again.

"I need to go get Charlie! I need to get her away from Seviathan!" I stated, gritting my teeth and was pushing myself to stand up, needing to do this. I attempted to stand up again and caught my balance, standing tall and my eyes were glowing with radio dials.

"Al, even if you do go to the castle right now, you won't be of any use. You're still weak and Lucifer and Seviathan will kill you again, and I don't think we're going to be able to bring you back for the second time." Husk pointed out, getting annoyed with the way I was acting.

"I agree with Husk, take a few days to get your bearings and we'll work out a plan. The wedding isn't until another month and they are planning on doing a ball within the next few weeks in order to celebrate the anniversary of their engagement. We'll figure something out before then, but for now rest." Vaggie said to me, giving me a look to not test her right now. I stared her down, wanting to challenge her but in the end I sighed in defeat. I knew they were right, I just wanted to get to Charlie quickly and get her out of that situation and let her know that I was still in Hell kicking and "alive".

"Fine... but only a couple days and then we start thinking of ideas and getting ready for a battle. I'm not giving up until Charlie is safe away from Seviathan and her father. This is to the death, her father won't give up, which means that I need to kill Lucifer." I stated, looking at the other with a serious look on my face. This I wasn't changing my mind on, it was settled. I will get Charlie back and I will protect her from anything that will break us apart. No more games. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you guys go! I hope this is as good as the rest, I've just been on a writers block and working on other projects. I was also busy with 2 jobs and college, so that's always fun. Consider this my Christmas/Other Holidays this time of year gift!!! I've been wanting to make another chapter for this and I've finally gotten the chance to do so! So here ya'll go! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukah! Happy Holidays to everyone! 

Blessed Be

~Speedywolf4321/Maven