Chapter 1: Where It All Started

When I woke up this morning, I just thought it was going to be another normal day in my life. I wake up, I grab something to eat while walking towards the radio station, it's always the same routine every day. But this time, it was a little bit different. While I was walking towards the radio station with my fresh beignet from the café I usually stop at on the way, I got bumped into by this pale girl with pink clothes on. She fell onto the ground and dropped the bag she was carrying. 

"Oh! My apologies, are you okay my dear?" I asked her while holding out my hand towards her. She looked up at me and took my hand, allowing me to help her to stand up. 

"I should be the one apologizing sir, I wasn't looking where I was going like an idiot." She responded to me and laughed nervously. I chuckled and bent over to pick up her bag for her, but she copied my movements and in the end, we butted each other's heads. 

"Ouch! I'm so sorry!" She immediately said, have a flustered expression painted on her face. I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. 

"No, my apology miss," Before she could say anything else, I picked up her bag and we both stood up straight. I held out her bag towards her and she smiled softly at me, taking the bag from my hand.

"Thank you, mister..." 

"Alastor, Alastor Bosco at your service miss..." 

"Charlotte, Charlotte Magne, but you can call me Charlie if you would like." She held out her hand to shake mine, which I gladly took the offer. 

"Nice to meet you, Charlie," I said to her while shaking her hand.

"Likewise Alastor," 

I suddenly hear a clock chime, letting everyone in the town of New Orleans that it was 8 o'clock. My eyes widen and I let go of her hand.

"I'm so sorry my dear but if you'll excuse me I am terribly late for my job. I hope to see you around some time!" I told her, starting to rush towards the radio station. I feel bad for leaving her like that but I can't risk my job. If I see her again, I'll make it up to her. 

I make it to the radio station and I quickly eat my beignet, making my way inside and clocking in, rushing towards the studio room in which I see my co-host sitting in his chair and tapping his foot on the ground, giving me an annoyed look. "You're late Alastor, what took you so long?"

"Sorry Alex, I bumped into this pretty lass while I was on my way to the studio, she fell to the ground and I just had to help her. What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't," I explained to him while getting all my paperwork in order and getting ready for us to begin. 

"Ya ya, whatever, let's just get this over with," He said to me, rolling his eyes. I just kept on smiling, but to be honest, Alex always pisses me off. He always finds the tiniest things to complain about. We both get our script in order and someone gives us the clear that we are on air. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day of work and creating the next script and outlining the story for tomorrow, I start to walk home from the radio station. I just wish I could just kill those idiots and run the studio how it should be. What am I talking about, that would never happen. I keep walking towards my apartment until I see someone I recognize. The girl with the pale skin is in the park feeding the birds while sitting at a bench. I smiled at her and walked over towards her. "Well well, if it isn't Miss Magne," I said to her and chuckled. She looked up from the birds and looked over at me and giggled. "If it isn't Mister Bosco, how was your job?" She asked me while patting the place next to her, motioning me to come sit with her. I accept her offer and sit next to her, looking over at her direction.