Chapter 5: Officially Family

No ones pov :

Haito walks down the stairs quitely without any of the adults noticing. She quitely hid herself behind the staircase listening to the couple's conversation. "Do you *sigh," a sigh she wondered I wonder if anythings wrong she thought. She quickly silenced her thoughts as the woman continued "do you think we should ask her?" she wasnt sure of what the woman was talking about but the man seemed to know and he answered the woman's question with a voice filled with concern and pity "No, not right now." She tried to move from her previous hiding spot to the a nearby sofa as quitely as she could. Keyword tried. While walking(sneaking) to the sofa she tripped on her own foot and fell with a thud. It seemed to have been loud enough the  catch couples attention as the man seemed ready to attack anyone as his wife walked slowly towards the source of the sound only to find an embarrassed four year-old Haito. "Ow" whined Haito ,Shinako quickly rushed to sofa as she heard Haito's voice. "Yūshichi its fine. Its just Haito." "Haito? Wasn't she sleeping" "Hmm. Haito did we wake you up?"
"No. But aunty why are you calling me Haito?" "Thats the name I gave you, honey. Do you not like it?" "Oh no. I love it just... who are you and where are my parents and sisters? Are they ok? Did they survive the accident?" she asked in a worried voice. "Um... how so I explain this. Okay I got it. So I am Shinako and that man the is my husband Yūshichi. We dont really know where your family is... Nor me or Yūshichi know about their well being or an accident." she managed to say and looked at Haito's eyes and she was crying "S-so h-how were y-you a-able to find me?" Haito asked while sobbing "I found you as a dog in a alley and you were very injured. So I brought you here so me and Shinako could attend to your wounds... After that we..." There was silence and Shinako decided to finish her husband's statement "We decided  we were going to adopt you and you know the rest from when you woke up to now." "S-so you didn't see any accident or my family" both adults hung their heads down and Yūshichi replied "No."

Haito started crying and Shinako rushed to hug her and picked her up "Im sorry dear. We didn't see anything. But atleast your'e safe amd sound" Haitos crying reduced and she looked up at her new mother. She saw tears in her eyes ,tears that resembled her mothers anytime she would fall or scrape her knee. She hated seeing the woman before crying because of her and decided to say the words she would say to her mother anytime this happened "Mama please dont cry. It hurts to see you cry." The moment Shinako's head perked up and tears of joy filled her eyes as she looked at her now daughter "Haito I- no, we love you ,you know right"she said while  they hugged their daughter "I love you too mama and papa"

Time skip ~ three months later~

They offically adopted Haito and now Haito is training her quirk with her mother or atleast trying to train quirk. "I almost got it this time" said Haito fustrated "Don't worry dear. You'll control your quirk well soon. Remember your'e still young" said Shinako "I know but if I can"t control it I won't be like papa" she pouted. "Like papa?" "Yes. Papa looks so cool with the knives and his skills are perfection" Shinako was shocked but wasnt suprised as Haito always observed her husband training."So your'e training to become an assassin like papa instead of becoming a hero?" "Yep." "Baby I am so proud of you." Shinako picks her daughter and starts spinning her around and all that could be heard in the backyard is giggling.

After a while Yūshichi came out and found the two having a mother-daughter moment. He chuckles and says dramatically "My daughter and wife are having a family moment without me. I feel so hurt." They two stopped to look at him and started giggling while giving him a hug. "My oh my. Is my husband jealous that I get to have a moment with my daughter?" Shinako asks in a joking voice "Ofcourse not. I have the most beautiful daughter and wife in the world. So no" "Is that so. Then what brought you here?" "Your giggling. What was it about?" "Nothing papa." "Haito tell your papa" "Nope" "Pretty please my princess" "Nuh ah" "Hina, please tell me." "Okay. But hold up for a second" they break the hug and Haito and Shinako stand next to each other after they started whispering and then regained their composture.

"So... Haitowantstotrainandbeanassassinlikeyou. (Haito wants to train and be an assassin like you) Isn't that right Haito?" "Yes" Yūshichi stood staring at them trying to understand what his wife said. "In three, two, one" Shinako said pointing a finger to her husband as she said one "WHAT?! DID I HEAR RIGHT?" just then Haito started laughing at her father's reaction so much so she turned into a bunny. Correction laughing bunny. Shinako chuckled at her husband and daughter's different reactions "Yes Yūshi, you heard right. Haito wants to be trained by you and become an assassin just like you. So do you think you can do it?" "We, not me remember we both have our different targets." "Your'e right guess I forgot" Yūshichi picks Haito up and says "I guess we're going to a family of assassins" Shinako giggles "I guess so."