Eclipse lake (Part 12)

Hehehehe

~

"After 5 years, I have finally found it. A power source so potent, it can pierce through realms. Titans blood. There are old tales of lakes reflecting green trees and blue skies. The titans veins run through the land. And many believe that these wild portals are created when a little of its blood leaks into the water. That is how I came here. So that is the first place I shall look. I will journey back to Eclipse Lake."

"I have to go to Eclipse Lake!"

I tucked the portal key that I had originally taken from Luz before she could eat it, into my shirt, as Luz, who was incredibly sick and on a high fever with the 'common mold' as the boiling isles called it, ran at us with such force it almost barrelled us all over.

Willow fell backwards, as eda, amity and Gus, grabbed onto her lower half, having to hold onto her for their dear lives to stop her from leaving the room, suspended in midair, and clawing at the walls on either side of the open door. I was standing in front of her, helping willow up when she spoke.

"Luz, no. You are not well!" She said, pushing Luz by the face back into her room.

"She is shockingly strong-" Gus said from inside her room as I giggled.

Deciding to step back as the others resorted to turning Luz into a human Burrito and tying her up so she couldn't escape.

I still hadn't told anyone about the whole.. magic cave thing. And the strangers words were still echoing throughout my mind, and I hated it. The only thing that was consoling myself was the promise I kept making to myself-

I'll tell them tonight.

I'll tell them tomorrow!

I'll tell them today.?

I will tell them... eventually.

"Alright, Luz. Me, y/n and king, will get your titan blood, if you just calm down." Eda said sternly, and I looked up at my name.

Great. Another dangerous adventure where we're most likely to die. Again.

King jumped up onto Eda's shoulder then, his tail wagging excitably through the air. "Yes! Perfect chance to take our new powers for a test drive, Eda!"

Eda smiled at king, patting his head before they both looked over at me.

I sighed, shrugging lazily. "What the hell, let's do it." I said, as enthusiastically as I could, followed by cheers from king as he lept from Eda's shoulder to mine, scaring the shit out of a sleeping Palisman who was previously cuddled up in my hood- and was now glaring at king, his tale swishing around, irritated. I only giggled at their antics, I could probably use the distraction anyway.

Luz smiled, then drowsily spoke. "You guys are the best." She said, her eyes closing as she stuck her hand out of the human burrito with a crumpled sheet of paper in her grasp, and unimpressed, Eda took it, walking out the door and following me and king out the room.

Then, amity stuck her hand up, like you would when asking a question in school. "I volunteer aswell, as Luz's girlfriend, I must—"

"I get it, boots. Just grab a coat." Eda interrupted her, turning back to Gus and willow, still standing next to Luz. "Willow, Goops, watch over Luz. She thinks she has snakes for arms."

~

"This place is crawling with tools- what gives!"