Inside our memories (Part 16)

Oops. I was meant to post this yesterday. Soz

~

I don't know how we got here. I cant remember. I don't want to remember. All I can think about now- the only thing in my mind right now- is the golden guard. Pinned to the floor beneath me, rage swirling in my gut like an unwelcome parasite, but oh it feels like ecstasy when the world speeds up at that feeling. When the whole world stops, then speeds up. When it's only me and him, me and the golden guard, me and hunter. I didn't even notice Luz was still there until I was thrown off him.

He sat up-right and bared his teeth. 

"Get your hands off me, human!"

He snapped. I ignored the flash of pain that shot through me at that name as I growled and bolted toward him.

10 minutes ago we were outside a shop trying to get Luz's cape repaired. Now we're here. I didn't even register the large slab of ice that shot infront of my face as I lunged. Blocking me off from hunter.

An unsatisfying crunch came from my nose and I shrieked in pain as I fell back from the impact.

"Luz!" I yelled, holding my now crooked and bleeding nose. "What the fuck was that?!"

"I'm sorry hermana! I didn't mean for this to happen! You're not even supposed to be here-!" She fussed. "But right now, we're stuck in belos's mind with no way out. Right now, we need to work together to get out! And- and you get weird when your around him- willow noticed it to! We can't be fighting right now!"

~10 minutes ago~

I let out a sigh as Eda walked off, holding Luz's destroyed cape. We'd been rejected from the shops owner because she'd finally decided to join a covern. Turning against wild magic. Turning against wild witches in favour of the titan. Because belos's word was the titans scripture these days. If only people knew the truth. I blew out a breathe and shook my head. Arms crossed, I glanced down at my own cape, keeping me warm in the late night breeze, when I saw a familiar figure scampering off in the night out of my peripheral vision.

I turned, eyeing my sister as she ducked behind a barrel, looking into an alley. I didn't get time to even get close before she shot up and jumped into said alley.

I was running before I could stop myself.

I skidded around the corner just in time to see a bunch of magic-induced fog disappear from around us. Then to my deep dismay-

"I forbid you to flee! Aarrgghh! Human! Do you know what you've just done?!"

Something in me snapped then, and I lunged for the golden guard. But right as his eyes widened at my presence, something shattered beneath us, gold encircled us all, and then we were here.

The next thing I knew, is we were thrown against the ground of a place that made me feel nauseous.

Belos' mind.

~present~

"That isn't your fucking choice to make, Luz!"

"I don't care! You're my sister and I'm going to protect you, no matter how much you say you don't need protecting!"

Silence fell as the ice slowly melted. The fogginess clearing slightly, giving me a full view of hunter, in his complete golden guard getup, just missing the mask. But what made me angrier, was he wasn't even looking at me.