─── 𝐗𝐕. WITNESS PROTECTION

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑!❞ ✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶ ──────────────────────

✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶ ──────────────────────

      𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 weekend discussing about being the spirit kitsune. Of course, Riley wanted to know more about access this new side of her. The kitsune dictionary learn more about her mother's past but her mother deflected questions about the Nogitsune and their connection with the dark spirit. It was a sensitive subject Riley didn't want to press.

By Monday, Riley was back in school and the first person she had run into was Scott. She had talked to him over the weekend about everything she missed out on. Apparently the Onis had crashed the neon party that was thrown in Derek's house. They had attacked Lydia, Isaac, Aiden, Derek, and Ethan. Now, they're after Scott and Kira, but Riley wasn't going to let them.

So here's she was inside of Scott's house with the McCall himself and Kira. Scott and Riley made sure all the windows were closed, though the latter wasn't sure how affective that was going to be.

"I don't wanna sound pessimistic or anything, but you really think that's gonna keep them out?" Kira asked, watching the duo.

"It's not." Riley answered, honestly.

"But we have a kind of security system. A lot of things happened a couple weeks ago, so our boss helped make a few changes to the house." Scott explained.

"Oh, your boss? You two work for a security company or something?" Kira asked.

"No, he's a veterinarian." Riley stated, although she noticed the confusion written on Kira's face. "I know it sounds weird but he knows a lot about the supernatural. We can't arm the "alarm", only Scott's mom can."

"Where's she?" Kira questioned.

"She'll be here. Don't worry." Scott reassured her.

The three teens went upstairs to lock all the windows. Kira went in Melissa's bedroom to lock her window, while Scott and Riley locked the windows in his room, but as Scott turned around, he bumped into Riley and causing her to trip. Thankfully the werewolf managed to catch her in time.

"Oh sorry." He apologized as he helped the blonde stand straight.

"It's okay." Riley whispered. "Nice catch."

Scott's hands were around Riley's waist as their faces were merely inches from each other. This was kinda of their thing since neither has yet to confess what their hearts truly wants. Awkward yet intimate. It wasn't until they heard Kira's voice that they slowly backed away from each other.