⛧Chapter 3⛧

Lily woke up groggily, and looked at the sky, hearing distant thunder, and seeing lightning flash in the sky, she felt startled.

Then, at once, she noticed the prophet drakaina was gone.

Lightning flashed. "Ackk!!" She jumped, startled. She was, surprisingly, scared of thunder. Her friends, and she does not quote, said she has astrophobia.

She may, being as it's the fear of lightning. She looked at her friend group, and they were waking up slowly. Rarely, dragons had fur, and she was one of those few. Usually, they were from cold places, such as the Ice Kingdom, her homeland, of which barely anyone has heard of such a place.

She recalled, that, the Ice Kingdom lived in a snowy taiga, of which, was a snowy one, with tall, towering, trees. The highest points with the highest trees was called the tall pines.

She shook her head and looked to see her friends looking at her.

"Thunder, eh?" Ginger said comfortingly, "Don't worry, we're here for you!"

Lily purred. "Thanks, guys."

She looked at the darkening clouds, wondering. What could Ridge be doing this time? Another.. game? Ughh.. I nearly died, I'm one of the few survivors of it! That may be why..

Why I fear thunder, and lightning, so much...

Lily stared at the ongoing storm. It had lasted all night.

She now knew for sure it was another dragon playing the 'game' with him. It was scary.

She could only hope the dragon who was doing it each time would surrvive.

Usually, King Ridge, of whom she lost respect for after the game and just called Ridge, would only force the other to play it if he was either intrigued by that dragon, they challenged his leadership, or if they're trying to become a member of his kingdom.

At first, Lily hadn't known what was happening, but soon, it'd become clear; He was trying to kill her, but also not, in a way.

Unlike most knew, Ridge was a cruel, cold-hearted, king.

He was selfish.

He started the game so he could torture them into fear, but always went too far and got too excited, and killed them.

And it could take up to a week for it to end, or just an hour.

It would differ from powerful to weak.

But even the most powerful could not even pierce his skin. Nobody, about, could.

The cold couldn't even harm him. Alas, he was king. Nobody could penentrate his skin, not even the harshest winds, he was the harshest winds, and cruelest colds. He was almost.. evil.

Ginger'Foot brushed against her soft fur. "Hey, if you ever need to talk, we're here for you."

"Thanks, I guess." Lily murmured. She couldn't tell anyone ever, though, not even her closest friends.

She sighed.

I guess that's how it's to be...