⛧Chapter 17⛧

Dragonfly watched Mist hurtle herself at Queen Star, panick spreading through him as the Earth shook for the fifth time in a single hour.

Suddenly the earth behind the tumbling dragons opened up in a gigantic crack.

Everyone stopped. Dragonfly's heart sank.

Star screeched as they both fell straight for it.

"You are going to PAY!!" Mist yelped. "You will NEVER hurt my friends ever again!!!"

Dragonfly screeched. "MIST!!!!!!" He charged at them.

Suddenly talons grabbed him and yanked him back. Pinning him.

Dragonfly shook, feeling weighed down. Mist.. Mist... . You can't die though.... .. .

Ember pinned him down. Seashore looked shaken.

Ginger'Foot and Lily were in distress. Lightning crackled into the deep crack in the earth. Lava spilled straight into it.

Dragonfly watched Mist and Star plummet. Only for moments. Until they heard a thud.

His heart felt as though it stopped. Please come back up.

But nobody did. Every dragon everywhere stared in horror, terror, everything.

The storm raged on. The earth still shook and the huge crack advanced. Sucking trees down. Rocks. Boulders. Almost everything.

As though the land had been split in two.

Dragonfly was let go off. He got up silently. Tail drooping, he walked to the ravine.

There was no trace of either dragon. "Mist.. . " Dragonfly whispered, almost silently. His voice cracked.

A tear fell down his face. "Mist, you can't be.. you were the dragonet of our prophecy.

Her cheerful voice still rang in his head, determined, brave.. everything. She was everything he'd ever wanted.

He loved her.

And now she was gone.

Dragonfly wrapped his talons around his face. Fur brushed his side. He looked up only to see it was Lily and looked away.

All this for what? Misty'Moon was dead.

Gone. Just like that.

Ginger'Foot murmured. "It's not the end."

"Yes it is." Dragonfly cried. "She's gone! Mist is never coming back, she's dead."

"I understand that."

"Then how is it not the end?!" He hissed, tearing up again. "She meant everything to me! Now she's gone. What am I supposed to do?!"

Ginger'Foot looked at Dragonfly, a meaningful look. A mysterious and unreadable one.

Hopeful.

"Because it's not. She'll always be watching you, from somewhere. She'll live on in your heart." He whispered. "You aren't dead."

Dragonfly looked into the abyss of lava. "I guess you're right.." He murmured.

He got up and looked at Seashore. "So, queen Seashore now.." He mumbled. She dipped her head.

"I suppose so." She said. Then Seashore shouted. "END THE WAR. This is your chance to live in peace WITH each other AND the ICE Kingdom and LEAF Kingdom. If you refuse," she paused. "You will be exiled."

All dragons, or almost all, accepted that and flew to their home lands, diving, or rising. Or walking.

All five dragonets gazed at each other momentarily. "Thank you." Dragonfly murmured. Then Seashore split off.

Dragonfly looked at the other three dragonets. "We should make something."

"But what?" Lily wondered.

"I have a suggestion," Ember began. "A library. For all the dragons and dragonets."

Ginger'Foot nodded. "Yes, that is an amazing idea!"

"How about we call it, The Clouds of Mist Library?" Dragonfly suggested. They all nodded.

"A tribute to Misty'Moon.." Lily murmured. They all looked at the sky.

"I know where to make it." Lily said suddenly. "Where it all began years ago."

"Tourmaline Canyon."

Dragonfly dipped his head. "The wonderful canyon of those gemstones. Yes, that is an excellent plan."

I hope, Misty'Moon, if you can hear me, you like it.