⛧Chapter 9⛧

A teal and green dragon hovered above a branch, its butterfly-like luminescent blue wings fluttered quickly.

He blinked, turning his gaze to the lime green dragonet beside himself. "You aren't REALLY thinking of going out there."

"Right?" The lime dragonet said uneasily. The teal dragon hesitated.

"Will you turn me in to the queen if I do?" Dragonfly questioned. The lime green dragon acted as though she were stabbed. "Of course I would Dragonfly! Have you lost your mind?! You are JUST a dragonet like me, only seven years old!"

He looked away, mumbling. "W- Well yes, but I want to see the world so far from here."

Limestone sighed. "I guess I cannot stop you, go if you wish, BUT only ONCE you've talked to the queen."

Dragonfly stared at her. "She'll say no, of course! What do you think she is, wishgranter? NO!" He yelped before she could speak again. "Wishgranter is a MYTH, for the ancient city's sake!"

Limestone looked at the pale blue moons floating down the sky. "I wonder if we could visit that city someday.. . "

Dragonfly exhaled in exasperation, and turned, landing. Great, she's just as bad as me, but will NOT let ME go. How does that even make ANY sort of sense!?

He landed, closing his wings closer to himself and grabs onto the tree with a talon, then swings open his wings and flies from tree to tree, until a vast, open, mountain is visible with the slightest amounts of pine trees here and there.

The coldness of the air, at last, can be felt from the nearby Ice Kingdom. But that wasn't his goal. He knew they wouldn't welcome him. But the Stone Kingdom was their ally.. right? In the wars years and years ago.

His own scales shone, reflecting the early dawn light.

Dragonfly swiveled his head around and quickly glanced at the green dragonet. Then he spread his wings and flew onwards with a burst of speed. He flew upwards, into the clouds and did a spin, laughing.

He hadn't had this much fun since his time being baby dragonet, when he first flew all through the Leaf Kingdom to explore it.

He glided down through the clouds. His light blue butterfly-like wings helpful to it.

Only a few moments later, he gasped as he saw a library. Abandoned? Yes.

But still a library!

Dragonfly dived down to the huge building and pulled his wings closer to himself.

He gently placed his claws on the knob and opened it.

It creaked open. In front of him lay mountains of papers, books, scrolls.. .

Stained glass with shapes of each of the five types of dragons shone in the sunlight on the windows.

A certain scroll caught his attention. A paper wrapped around it said The Truth about the Leaf Kingdom's Secret, and then after was titled, The Legend of Wishgranter.

Wait, so is Wishgranter seriously real?

The scroll was on the shelf. Dragonfly heard a door slam open, and his heart beat quickly. He grabbed the scroll in his talons and ran out, then spread his wings and flew quickly, bolting off.

What secrets did they keep? He thought, and why didn't they REALLY let anyone outside our kingdom?

His thoughts wandered as the sun hit the top of the sky.

Dragonfly's wings fluttered quickly and he held the scroll tightly.

Will this be important later?