⛧Chapter 5⛧

Ember stared at the orange and golden lava, bored. He'd been studying for days and days about "The history of the four great kingdoms" for AGES.

"Aughhhhh!" He groaned. "I'm BORED!"

Ember swiped away the paper into the lava.

Another dragon, Star, stood up angrily. "HEY!!! I WAS READING THAT!"

He shrugged at her. "So?"

"So I WAS READING THAT!" She hissed.

"Whatever." Ember snorted in laughter, avoiding causing himself to set fire to anything.

He stretched open his wings, blinking at the blue sky above. Their study room was actually open. It was so tempting.

To fly straight through. Ember let out an exhausted sigh. "Well, let's go back to our dens." He mumbled.

He prodded the lava with a claw. It was just about the only thing that could hurt their fire-proof bodies.

Ember jumped across the rocks to his 'den' and dived into the stone-surrounded bedding.

He sighed. At least it was comfy. The heat from the lava of the volcano was relaxing, to Ember at least.

Ember lay there, wide awake. He turned with a growl, but still he couldn't sleep.

He sighed at last. He stared at the sky. He was kind of odd, for a dragon. Ember was one of the few with stars and constellations on his wings. He also had stars lined on the tip of his horns.

His wings were a crimson orange fading to pale golden. And Embers scales were a black color. Typically their colors were an ash or red-orange, or red.

Wings were usually orange or gold too though.

So technically, Ember was 'odd'.

He stared at the sky bleakly. Finally, he had the courage as the sky changed to black and light faded.

The quiet clicking of his claws was annoying to himself, but he carried on, and opened his wings, flying out of the gigantic hole of the volcano.

Ember sharply inhaled.

It was so beautiful..

The outside, at last.

He dived down across the volcano, excitement he could not contain rushed over him in a fizz.

Ember glided above water, shivering when his wing touched it. It felt, different.

But nice.

The chill of the night air also felt wonderful against his always-hot scales.

Now was the time Ember actually got to see the sky, up close.

He guessed he was in the sea kingdom, seeing as there was water everywhere. Flying ahead, he saw land. LAND!

Not even touched by LAVA! It felt soothing sort of.

He flew closer to land and finally landed on a beach. Not exactly where he'd wanted to, but it was enough to land somewhere to Ember.

The moon shown through the cloud-cover above.

Suddenly Ember wondered how it felt. Were they fluffy? Or were they rough? Did they hurt dragons? Did they help dragons?

He had so many questions. And, he wasn't sure exactly why he wasn't trusted. Ember WAS over seven years old. Though he didn't know if it was a lot.

He looked at the sky again, sharply intaking air.

It was SO beautiful, especially against the clouds, mist, stars, and water.

As he gazed in awe, he didn't notice a splash and pitter patter of wet claws against the sand.

Well, that was until he felt a claw against his side.

Ember yelped, scrambling for balance, panicked. He met his first outside dragon.

And not in a good way.

The dragon grumbled, lurching and then jumping at the flustered ball of gold and black.

Ember hissed, getting up and running, which he jumped and flew but got rammed into and tumbled onto another island.

Rolling through the sand while tangled with another dragon, he growled and spat a breath of fire at his opponent, who yelled in pain and tumbled backwards while clutching his face.

Cold grasped his back and tail, pulling Ember backward with a yelp of fear.

He landed on his back with a thump on the sand.

Uh-oh.

He caught glimpse of a blue dragon and a green dragon talking before his vision went black with a thud on his now aching head.