Chapter 0: Part 6 - Karma

--------------
The House
--------------

Shutting the door behind his friends, Kayden observes the main hall of this rundown wooden house. The light coming in through the dusty window above the front-door lights up the deteriorating blue wallpaper, which folds into itself right above the stairs, that sit quietly ahead of them.

Billy: "Holy moly! Talk about dilapidated."
Amina: "This is pretty much as old as it gets before falling apart."

Amina and Billy walk straight ahead.

Kayden: "Guys!" They turn towards him. "Be careful. We don't know what we can find in this place."
Amina: "It's fine Kay, this is just an abandoned house."
Kayden: "Fuck no. How the hell would I have dreamed of this house if I've never even been here? There's something abnormal about this place."
Amina: "Or about you. Maybe you're a psychic or something."
Billy: "He's right though. This is unusual. Wouldn't hurt to be careful." He shrugs at her, then glances at Kayden. "We'll watch our step." He states as they move forth.

Kayden shifts into the division to his right. It's a small living room covered in dust, only a sofa in the middle and two lamps on direct opposite corners of the room. Just like in the dream.

Mell: "Hey Kay.. I'm gonna check upstairs." She tells him from the hall.
Kayden: "You sure? Want us to go with you?"
Mell: "No no... You have your own reasons for being here. I just... Have a feeling I should go upstairs."
Rory: "I'll tag along. Who knows what might be here." He gives Kayden a nod and moves along Mell upstairs.

Kayden steps towards the kitchen, through the rays of light that seep into the living room in-between the cracked blinds that attempt to cover the windows. The kitchen is where he saw Zach in his dream. Reyna quietly follows as she observes the house.

How in the world could he have dreamed of a house like this? So old and hidden away in the forest. It's impossible to find a place you've never visited before without some type of lead or clue to where it might be. But he found it without any of that through a dream, and with such accuracy too. That's surely impossible for someone normal. Even someone that isn't normal. It has to be. Right?

...

He stares at the chair. Strolling around the kitchen, never lifting his eyes off of it, stopping shortly after. He takes a seat and faces Reyna.

Reyna: "So... What happened?" She softly asks.

Kayden takes a deep breath.
Eyes on the floor, head scratch.
Reyna backs up against the door frame, right leg crossed over the left. Hands in her pockets.

Kayden: "This is where I saw him." He pauses. "Zachary.", "He decided it was a good idea to do it right here."

She listens.

Kayden: "I was on my knees. A little to your right. Two shotguns sniffing the back of my head, even though I didn't give a shit about them."
"The only thing I could think about, was how I was gonna kill Zach."

His eyes meet hers.
It's the first time she's seen them this way. Not sadness. Not empathy. Not a cry for help. Not a plead for forgiveness. Not hope.

Hatred.

Reyna isn't the type of person to panic in situations with increased danger, but this sends chills down her spine. Seeing how powerful his feelings are with nothing but his stare, it's truly uncomfortable.
She still approaches this rather calmly, collected.