Chapter 0: Part 8 - A Pebble in a Rocky Ocean

Reyna: "What?? You can't mean-"

Hina bounces on Kayden, taunting her.
"That's right baby! That Hina! Did you miss me sweetheart?"

Kayden grabs her by the neck with his free hand and tackles her onto her back.
She moans and bites her lip.

Hina: "Ahh~ fuck~!! You're such a brute~!!"

Kayden frowns and grits his teeth.
"What the hell..."

Hina: "Never seen me this way before?"
Kayden: "Mell...? Nah.. Who are you..?
Hina agressively groans through an exhale.
"I just told you I ain't that annoying stuck-up bitch!! HINA! Need me to spell it out?"

Kayden looks at Amina, who seems regretful.

Kayden: "Okay. I need answers. Who is this bitch? What happened to Mell?"
Hina: "I just told you who I a-!" Kayden hushes her after placing his hand over her mouth.
Amina: "We were gonna tell you but... We weren't sure we cou-"
Kayden: "JUST FUCKING TELL ME ALREADY!!!" He interrupts. "I'M DONE WITH THE SECRECY!!" His scream shakes the room. He takes a deep breath. "Spill it. Now."

...

...

...

Amina: "There's this condition that has to be met if we wanna hang out with Mell. When we were little, she told us her dad left for something he never specified to her, so we got curious and asked where he went. She always shrugged it off, so we decided to approach it differently, and asked what his name was instead. Still no response."

"A few years later, we ended up hearing about the expedition he supposedly went on, along with the names of all the people that were with him. It was made public but, something always seemed fishy about it." She peers over at Reyna, who has one leg over the other, chin on the palm of her hand, staring at Hina in thought.

Reyna: "Not only was it announced nearly 3 years later, it was given with an extremely vague report of what actually transpired."

"I'm in charge of the documentation regarding expeditions performed in the Colony, except I only have access to the ones that occurred from the moment I took charge of the Public Regulations Team. Anything prior to that is strictly forbidden to look into, even for me."

"And in these 3 years of work under my jurisdiction, not one expedition has been made public, due to the disruption it causes in the Colony. Hearing about dead friends and family members, can't blame their reactions."
Amina: "As Rhys has said a few times, it's a priority to keep people's spirit high, with an optimistic point of view!"
Reyna: "Like they give a shit Amina." She jabs. "I only do it cuz Rhys asked me to"

Kayden: "..."
"That doesn't make any sense then. How come they've made something as confidential as that public? Could it have been something other than an expedition?"
Amina: "That's what we're trying to figure out."
Reyna: "I've looked into it recently, it's the only expedition to have ever gone public in our Colony. If Becky was here, she would've been able to figure it out by now..."

Becky was the Chief of Informative Services in Zamaton Colony. Public Relations is a branch of this system. She was the most prized individual in this sector before Reyna, who is now trying to climb up the ranks to be able to be as honorable as her one day.
Problem is, she met the same fate Reyna is now facing. She was sent on a high level mission by Rhys, and ended up not returning. It makes Reyna nervous.

Amina: "You're doing the most you can Reyna!! I believe you'll get there!" She encourages. "That said, when we did see her dad's name on the newspapers that were being distributed that day, we knew something wasn't right. It said his current status was "unknown."