37 - Oliver Queen

"Oliver Queen is here."

"Oliver? Why is he here?" asked Jason, visibly taken aback by what Dick had just said. "Apparently, Bruce invited him over." replied Dick, shrugging.

"What I do know is that they're waiting downstairs, and we need to get going."

Jason gave me an apologetic look, and I waved my hand at him, saying it was okay. "Some other time then..." I whispered to him. He smiled at me gratefully.

I walked out of the room first, as Jason and Dick followed behind me. "I'll get going then." I said, turning around to face the two boys. "Huh? Why?" asked Dick, as Jason simply nudged him with his elbow.

"Was I supposed to join you and go meet Oliver Queen or something?" I asked with a chuckle, shaking my head. These guys are a bit too dumb for vigilantes.

"Why not? Your friends are here anyway."

I stared at Dick, expressionless. Looks like now I'm hearing things. "Funny joke." I said, breaking out of my trance. I chuckled un-humorously as I waited for Dick to take back his stupid joke.

"I'm not kidding. They said you just ran out after breakfast and this was the only place you would go to." Dick said, slightly frowning. Jason smirks at me, while I turn away, embarrassed. I know exactly what he would say if Dick wasn't here.

"Am I missing something here? Is there something wrong?" asked Dick, confused as hell. "No. There's nothing wrong." says Jason, looking done with this conversation.

"He's right. Now come on, let's go meet Oliver Queen." I say with a smile on my face. Dick looks satisfied with my answer and heads down first. "For Damian?" Jason said, a bit too loud, making me blush.

Jason stays back, walking at the same pace as me. "How eager of you." he said, the smirk back on his face. I shove his shoulder, making him almost stumble down the stairs. He just laughs at me, holding his arm. "Shut up." I murmur, embarrassed.

.......

The living room seemed pretty crowded when we entered.

Adrien, Chloe and the rest were already seated on the couches, scattered around the room. They seemed to be having a good time talking to the Waynes and... Oliver Queen? Apart from him, there were three more people I had never met in my life.

"Marinette!"

Alya smiled at me, waving me over. She was sitting next to Nino, as always, and unexpectedly, Damian was there too. Though he seemed pretty booked ignoring another guy. Who was also hot. What is with this family...?

Heads turned when I entered, and I smiled at everyone, trying to look as kind as possible. Even if it seems shallow for me to think of, having connections with Queen Industries can be very useful in the future.

When I was close enough to Alya, I saw another person who I couldn't see from far away. The woman had blonde hair and really pretty blue eyes which could rival Bruce's. I must have seen her before, since she looked really familiar.

Wait... Is that- Felicity Smoak?

Oh my God! She's my literal role model. I've been waiting to meet her since forever. I would have probably shifted to Star City if I hadn't won this trip. My jaw dropped open, and the blue-eyed woman stared at me in confusion, a polite smile still on her face.

"Forgive her manners, Ms. Smoak, she's a huge fan of yours." said Alya, kindly. Bruh, where did your manners come from? I looked at Alya in shock. Alya grinned at me slyly, wiggling her eyebrows in a tease.