𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬

𝑭𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑭𝑼𝑳 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻𝒀

——————–——–

What is happening to me today, the romantics would call a melodrama, and the cynics would call a tragedy.
               Nicholas Sparks

——————–——–

Probably avoiding what was bound to happen was stupid, but I didn't care. I sat in my room with my jeans half dressed, trying to figure out why I was even going there. That question was answered by my phone, which started signalling a new notification. Sighing tiredly, I reached for it and plopped back down on the bed.

- Hey Mel, I hope you'll do what I asked. I hope you're on your way, and if not, hurry up! For all I know the party's been going on for over an hour.

The voicemail ended and I didn't bother answering my annoying older brother. Mikael had a bad habit of reminding and annoying me, always. Exhaling irritably, I pulled on my jeans and grabbed my bomber from the chair. It was getting dark outside, and I had to hurry. I didn't think my parents would be happy to see their daughter wandering around at night. Grabbing my bag and the box of presents, I headed for the exit. The problem was that I might not be allowed into the birthday boy's house.

Mikael had been friends with Gerard since childhood; they were literally brothers. My brother also used to go to Barcelona's academy, but due to a lack of interest he swapped cleats for punches. Today was Gerard's birthday and Mika wanted to surprise him. Of course he can't do it himself because he is on an internship in Germany, so he asked me to come and give his friend a present.

The problem is that Gerard and I don't get along. He has put up with my presence ever since he was a child. I'm six years younger than them and of course we had different interests. He was much more interested in girls with curvaceous shapes or football balls, not in minors. But because Mikael wasn't allowed anywhere without me, I was often with them. More specifically at Gerard's parents' house. His mother adores me and calls me her daughter. It certainly smoothes things out.

I drove up to his flat, where there was to be a party, and was greeted on entering by the smell of alcohol and partial darkness. Grinning, I walked into the back where I met Leo and immediately breathed a sigh of relief.

- Melissa! - he was clearly surprised. Of course, I rarely volunteer for the company of football players.

- Hey Leo! - I nervously looked around for someone sober, because the Argentinian was clearly drunk. - Do you know where Gerard is?

- He's... he's... where is he?

Oh, my God! This just gets worse. I'm surrounded by drunken football players and some girls, waiting for who or what. Someone's hand on my shoulder and I wince.

- Hello!" I turned around and shrieked. Standing in front of me was a very drunk Pike. - Oh, what have you got there," he snatched the box from my hands with those words.

- It's Mick's birthday present," I looked around nervously once more at the people here. - I have to go, my parents will be worried.

And so my adventures began. I probably should have given my present to Leo when I met him. But how was I to know that this night would change my life before and after.

 But how was I to know that this night would change my life before and after