𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻

𝑭𝑼𝑵

——————–——–

Do not promise to inspire. Sometimes a word is a seal for life.

 Sometimes a word is a seal for life

——————–——–

The sounds and people behind her were only a hindrance as she stood beside him. Her palms were sweating with fear and her head was spinning. Now, she no longer remembered how she had made it here without falling once. She must have nearly ripped her father's arm off.

- In front of everyone here, I promise to love you and take care of you. I accept you with all your strengths and weaknesses and ask the same in return. I will protect and help you if you need it," his deep eyes mesmerized me. - And I'm ready to walk with you hand in hand for the rest of my life.

- I accept your vow and ask to hear mine in return. I promise to love and respect you as my spouse. Not to quarrel over little things, to bring warmth and comfort to your home, to give you help and support when you need it," I smiled. - I choose you as the person I want to go through life with

- I pronounce you husband and wife," my mother somewhere shuddered happily and the camera lenses snapped. - You may kiss the bride.

Gerard didn't even seem to hesitate. He lifted my chin with his hand, forcing me to look at him as his face moved closer to me. I could feel the height difference here, though I wasn't short. 

That feeling inside me when he kissed me was new. I don't know if I liked it or not. It seemed to be something I had dreamed of all my childhood and my wish came true. I'm married to Gerard Piquet and I'm kissing him right now. Will I be happy?

That's a question I don't have an answer to.

He stepped back and gently ran his hand down my cheek.

We stayed there for another two hours, taking pictures. Mum wanted me to review the whole thing in the future, though she would probably do it herself.

It wasn't really a formal wedding. As the church only had a few dates available, we chose the one that seemed to suit us best. You could say it was a little rehearsal, the real wedding will be after the Championships.

We drove to the restaurant in the same car that I arrived in for the registration.

Now I have a wedding ring on the ring finger of my left hand. It was insanely beautiful and expensive, yet so simple. It was what I wanted.

Gerard held my hand in his all the way, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

- You're like a princess today.

I froze.

It's a voice I recognise from a thousand.

Mikael turned to us when we were outside the building. He smiled at me sadly.

I couldn't say anything, it was just so sudden that all I could do was open and close my mouth.

- Mika, goddamn it, you asshole! - Gerard reached out to hug him while my brother laughed.

- How I've done you all!

- God, you're such a bloody idiot! - I slapped him on the shoulder. - I missed you so much.

I couldn't hold back the tears, it was all so exciting and the surprises seemed to continue. The journalists wanted pictures of the wedding and waited outside the restaurant for ages. It made me nervous and I sighed frantically as Gerard came out first and I followed. By then security had dispersed everyone.

My parents also didn't know about my brother's surprise, one could only guess how he'd pulled it off.

My nieces and nephews were running around with the other children. Gerard's friends with their wives and girlfriends came up, expressing their wishes. It seemed I was beginning to get used to it.

For a while I forgot about all the hardships, problems and life behind the restaurant. The closest and most trusted people were here now, the ones I wasn't afraid to tell.

- Gerard, let me steal my princess," my father looked so happy.

- Just not for long!

Dad asked me to dance. To dance with him was a great pleasure and at the same time grief. I wanted to cry that now I would have a family of my own, but we would never be in love. I kept my fears to myself. Dad kept joking and telling me how much he loved me, his own. I was glad to hear that.

All evening I danced and smiled and tried not to fall down. When Gerard and I spun in our first dance, everyone started clapping and videotaping and someone even whistled. The funniest thing was when the guys picked up a slightly drunk Sergio in their arms while he pretended to be an angel. I laughed heartily as the Barcelona coach shook his head, grinning.

I wished the day would never end.

- Thank you for coming, we're grateful for your support," Gerard held me tightly to him as he spoke. - I can't believe I'm not a bachelor anymore," his companions laughed. - But thank you to my wife and our future baby. I'll do anything for them.

I couldn't hold back a silly smile when he looked at me.

Home, sweet home. There was nothing like coming home and going to bed after a long day. But we had other plans. We decided to see who had given what. Mostly money was given, but there were gifts too.

Entering our bedroom, I tiredly flopped down on the bed and was enjoying the moment until a jacket flew at me.

- Hey!

- Sorry Isa, but I need to change," I rolled my eyes grudgingly.

The dress was hard to unbutton, and there was also a veil. I also had to take off my makeup and braid my hair. Just thinking about it made me feel sick.

- Gerard," his head poked out of the bathroom. - Help me," I did my best to put on a cute smile.

He sighed wearily and swore at me.

First he helped me change into my favorite pajamas, and then he helped with my hair. Managing to curse everything and everyone in this world.

- Can you give me a massage when I come back from the bath?

- Sure.

Merry Christmas everyone! It's such a wonderful holiday, but I'm sad about going back to school soon (