𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

𝑰𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬

——————–——–

——————–——–

The move came the day before Gerard's game, and despite my protests, he took the day off.  My suitcases had been ready for days, because I had only spent the night at home. The rest of the time I was with my mum picking out things for the house and listening to her ideas about the wedding. It's all very exhausting. My belly is growing, but not so much that I know I'm pregnant. Now I'm getting tired faster and more sleepy. Nat advised us to have the wedding in a month if we want it to go our way, not the journalists.

A big house equals more furniture. It was all delivered as early as the morning, and Dad and Joan packed it all up until the evening so that Gerard and I could stay here tonight. I was sorting through the suitcases of my belongings and realized that my fiancé had more things than I did.

It was late in the evening when Gerard and the other men finished assembling the furniture and they left, leaving us behind. I made pasta in cream sauce and salad. We mostly talked about the wedding to come.

- How many people do you want to see at the wedding? - Gerard asked.

- Probably thirty or less," I shrugged.

The fewer people who see my expanding belly, the better.

- I don't think we should tell everyone we're expecting a baby just yet. I want you to be able to enjoy life without all this," I agreed.

You wouldn't know I'm pregnant. I just gained two pounds. It'll probably make my life easier. I've heard and seen a lot about how the abs can be haunting and it's scary. Some people are driven to their deaths by it.

*****

I couldn't stop being nervous. After it was announced to the public about the upcoming wedding, I couldn't live my life normally. Crowds of people followed me when I went out for a run or shopping. I didn't like it. I was afraid of that kind of life. And now, sitting in an area for family and other important people, I was nervous.

I go to football matches once a year when my dad and brother can accompany me. But now I was all alone.

- Hi, are you Melissa, Gerard's fiancée? - A beautiful girl appeared in front of me whom I immediately recognized. I answered her question uncertainly. - I'm Antonella, Leo's girlfriend.

- Nice to meet you," I shook her hand and let her sit beside me.

I was now officially one of the witches. It was weird. As I walked to the match and walked forward to take my seat, people were taking pictures of me. They yelled and smiled at me as if we were buddies. But I don't know any of them.