𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

𝑴𝑨𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑨  𝑫𝑬𝑪𝑰𝑺𝑰𝑶𝑵

——————–——–

——————–——–

Pablo and Maria sat tensely in the café, outside the Monserrat Clinic, waiting for her and Joan. Maria did not stop wiping her eyes with her handkerchief, trying to control herself, and her husband played with his hands, tapping his fingers nervously on the table. When the footballer's parents appeared at the cafe, they didn't even stand up to greet them, just nodded their heads. Monserrat and Joan sat down at the table and stared at their old friends, wondering what had happened. The waiter took their order and left them alone again.

- What happened? - Joan asked. - What is it that we urgently need to talk about?

Pablo sighed, knowing that this might be his last meeting with his friends. After all, Melissa had made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with the football player, and he, as a caring and loving father, always showed his daughter's wishes. After gathering his thoughts, he did make a decision that would probably ruin his relationship with his daughter.

- I don't see the point in starting from afar, it won't get you anywhere," Maria squeezed his hand. - Melissa is pregnant.

The football player's parents' faces began to reflect a profound misunderstanding of the situation. And Maria decided to explain to them what they had to do with it. They didn't want the confusion.

- It's Gerard's baby," she tried to smile at Montserrat, but the woman opposite only stared at her in shock.

Now a thousand thoughts ran through the minds of the grandparents-to-be. Perhaps they should be thanked for doing this for their children. Who knows what would have happened if this conversation hadn't taken place.

- Are you sure about that? - Pablo looked incredulous at this question and immediately stood up for his princess.

- Take it back Joan, my daughter doesn't even know we're here! - He snorted in displeasure. - Melissa doesn't want Gerard to know about the baby, but we thought it right to tell you.
It's the truth. The girl cried inconsolably all week without leaving the room. When her parents asked her to tell the baby's father, she started sobbing even harder. They could understand her. Her relationship with Gerard was not the best, they never got along. What will happen when he finds out she's pregnant by him?

- You have the right to tell Gerard or not to tell him at all, but we don't want anything from you. We can provide for our grandson or granddaughter, whatever we need.

Both families were rich and there was no problem providing for their own. But what if the footballer's parents wanted to be involved in their first grandchild's life? They doubted Melissa would be happy.