𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

𝑹𝑼𝑺𝑯
——————–——–

Every day I felt worse and worse. My parents seemed to have lost their minds. They suggested we get married because I was young and a child should grow up in a full family. I stopped talking to them. I didn't want to get married, sit at home and wait for my husband from work. It was definitely not my life, not now. It's just, what eighteen-year-old girl wants that? It's a time to evolve, to try new things and get a taste of life. And instead I'm being asked to marry.

Not that I'm being asked. The application was submitted three days ago. I'm not happy with my parents and of course I don't agree, but I understand them. In their opinion, Gerard will give me a stable future, not hurt and provide for me. I can also add to that my mother's long-held dream of being in a footballer's family. I can't say that everyone is happy about it.

My elder sister Natalija lives in Lithuania with her husband, and when she found out about my pregnancy, she felt bad. She argued with her mother, saying that she was being silly. Natalia hardly ever spoke to Gerard when he visited us. She is the oldest among us, at least she is fifteen years older than me. I was grateful to her for not trying to yell at me, no, rather she tried to explain what a big responsibility it was.

I understood that. In fact, as soon as I found out I was pregnant, my first thought was to run away. Without telling anyone, to go to another country and raise the baby myself. And I would have succeeded if I hadn't been so weak-willed and whiny.  Now my parents are costing me my life.

Mikael's reaction saddened me the most. He as an older brother has always been against all the boys around me. Let alone that his best friend was about to become his brother-in-law. Mika refused to talk to anyone in the family except Natalia. But knowing his brother, he would soon come to Barcelona and ask to make him godfather.

After talking to my parents, I decided to take a sabbatical from university. The morning sickness is becoming unbearable and this is just the beginning.

- Are you sure Miss Ortega? - the professor wasn't very happy with my request and tried his best to talk me out of it. - You'll have to start all over again, and as you say, there's no telling how long you'll be away.

- I'm sure you'll just have to accept the papers, Professor.

I still had to stop by Zhkrar's mother's house. We were going to choose a house where we would live as a family in the future. My parents were in a hurry because they understood our situation. Thank goodness the media would believe the nonsense that Gerard's agent had put up to them. Once we'd walked around together a couple of times, we'd be on the covers of magazines. It wasn't that difficult also because I have known him for a long time and I go to the matches sometimes, meet the family and much more. The announcement of our wedding is likely to be made soon. I don't want a wedding for the media to see. I've already had to give up so much, so Gerard will have to go along with that. Except we're not talking to him. That bully resented me for going alone to a doctor's appointment when he didn't even know about the baby!

*****

- The house is very spacious, in a high-end neighbourhood," the woman gave us a tour of the house, trying to help us choose.

- What about the security of the grounds? - my father asked.

- It's a private property, access is by pass only," she explained. - There are no wild animals, a park nearby, two kindergartens and one school.

My mother looked around.

- I think we'll keep this house for now, but we'll see more.

- Sure.

We looked at four more houses and settled on the second one. It's a villa with a pool and a small terrace. It also has a very large garage. Five bedrooms, two of which are on the ground floor. Three baths, a kitchen that goes into the living room, two walk-in wardrobes and a room for Gerard's office.

- When can we move in?

- I think a week from now," the woman smiled sweetly at us, pleased with the big sale.

Joan and Monserrat invited us to the restaurant. I think it was the best night for journalists as my "fiancé" gallantly helped me out of the car and hid me from the camera flashes. I guess I was lucky that I was dressed more or less decently for a place like this. I didn't want to look stupid in the public eye. We took a table in the corner and talked quietly.

- Would you like to come to my next game? - stringing lettuce leaves on his fork, Gerard asked.

I felt everyone stop talking and look at me, waiting to see what I would say.

- Of course," I sighed.

We're going to have to become a family. For that, we have to at least try to be friends. And that's going to be a long road for us.

Lord, I write so little, that is, it is really very little for me! For those who do not understand, events are developing in 2010