10. confessions

Weekend is over and it's time to go to school again

Weekend is over and it's time to go to school again. Y/n sighted as she sat in her class, not really paying attention to whatever the teacher was saying. The only thing she could think about was how to avoid Akashi.

Even though she knew her effort would be useless because if he wanted he would make her face him. In the end, the emperor always gets what he wants. And so she wasn't surprised when she saw him waiting for her after class in front of the classroom.

"What do you want? Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"

"Before you get angry-" I already am.
"I wanted to apologize. What you and Ryota have going on is none of my business. But I won't let go of you so easily. I think-" He hesitated.

"-no, I know, I'm better for you than he would ever be. So would you forgive me and go out on a date with me?"

He stated, expecting an answer.  You swore you could see his golden eye flash red for a second. Your breaths hitched. Is this my chance to get him back to the way he was before? Can I do it?

"Yes, I would like to"

You smiled and then you heard the bell ring. Oh no, I'm late for the class.

"Don't worry, I have us covered"

When you two arrive in class the teacher questions why you're late. You start sweating but then Akashi speaks up.

"I deeply apologize, there were some things we had to discuss about the upcoming basketball matches. It seems it took longer then I throught it would."

He bows apologetically and the teachers gaze softens. He tells us to sit down and I feel relief. How is he such a good liar? I ask myself but then shrug it off. For the rest of the class I focus on the lesson and don't let anything else distract me.

When school is over me and Akashi meet up in front of the school. We decide to go to a nearby park. We sit down on the bench near a small pond.

"I know I should have said this earlier but I really like you."

You hear him say and you look at him in shock. Both of his eyes are now bright red and you tear up.

"Seijuro"