Chapter 1: The 12 Zodiac Animals

"I'll hold a another banquet. I'll hold a banquet after banquet, forever unchanging. I may be lonely now but everyone is waiting for me on the other side of the promise. That was in the long distant past." 

The red strings unfurled and connected each animal 

"The original memory forgotten by everyone. The original promise." 

_______

"Even though the world doesn't need us, we live for those who need us." A woman with long a dark orange hair spoke softly to the young boy beside her who had similar orange hair. "At least, that is my way of thinking....Though I learned of that from my younger sister."

"Then can you really call it your way of thinking?" The boy commented as he gazed at the woman beside him.

With a chuckle, the woman gazed up at the sky. "Anything can become your way of thinking. But well, I almost lost Tohru's custody! And I was really busy, moving and everything...plus with my sister's condition at the moment. But taking care of all of this gave me strength. Just because Tohru and Kaede are by my side."

"Tohru is the cutest! Cutest in the world! No in the entire universe!" Kyoko rambled on as she bragged about her daughter.

"But this man Katsuya Honda. Don't you miss him?"

"I wonder how many times will you get lost, how much time will you need until you find answers to your questions?"

In that moment, the young boy glanced up at her and stared in awe. It wasn't until years later where he found those answers. His path, a certain silver haired boy, and a kind warm hearted girl 's world collides. 

Their story starts now:

"Well now, its unusual to see a girl around here." a man with an olive green kimono spoke out with surprise as he folded the newspaper. 

"H-hello! Sorry to look without permission!" A young brown haired girl bowed repeatedly. 

"Go right ahead! But wouldn't a young girl like you find this place boring?" The man knelled down and looked at his creations: the 12 zodiac animals.  

"No, not at all! These zodiac knick knacks are adorable" The girl energetically answered as she peered down at the creations.

"Yes, they are my favorite too." 

"Its another set without the cat." 

"Cat? Oh you mean the cat from the old zodiac tale?" 

"Yes! My mom and aunty used to tell me that story all the time." 

.... 

The soft ringing of the wind chime echoed within the room.

"What story shall we tell you tonight?" A woman with orange hair spoke as she gazed at her daughter. The young girl hummed as she was thinking of all the stories she has and hasn't heard before. The girl's eyes landing on her aunty who laid on her other side.

"Do you have any stories aunty?" The girl questioned. The older girl turned and tucked some stray hairs behind the girl's ear.

"Hm~ Tohru, do you know of the story of the 12 zodiac animals?" The older girl with light brown hair whispered softly to the girl. Her hair shimmering in the moon light and reflecting the orange tinge in her hair. 

Tohru turned her head and brightly smiled. "12 zodiac animals? What's that Aunty Kaede?" The girl's big and innocent eyes staring up at the older girl with wonder twinkling in her eyes.