Chapter 13: Talk of the Future

"Ugh....today was so boring!!!" Amy complained as the girl sprawled out on the ground staring at the sky. Her cheeks puffing up with frustration. 

"Well what can you do, its the beginning of the school year.  Plus its our last year of middle school, the teachers are going to start forcing us to think about which schools we want to attend.  Then they are going to push us to start worrying about which careers we want to do."  Chizu huffed out as she plopped down besides the girl.  

"Time really passed by, huh?  I felt like it was just yesterday when the three of us met and became friends.  The seasons really do change too fast." Kaede commented with a small smile as she stared at the falling flower petals from the trees.  

"I know, right?! It's so unfair! I feel like I haven't had enough fun!"  Amy complained as she rolled on the ground making Kaede giggle and sit down next to to Chizu.  

"I think you had a bit too much fun.  Didn't you say that your parents' scolded you for not doing your chores and reading too much novels."  Chizu picked at her nails as she said this.  

"Hah!?....Well yeah-- But-! I did fine on my finals!  I passed with all B's and A's!!" Amy yelled back as she sat up and dusted off her clothes before grabbing her lunch box and opening it. 

"Yes, good job."  Kaede ruffled the girl's hair and grabbed her own lunch as well. "Don't tease too much Chizu , especially when you passed thanks to our study group~" the orange headed brunette teased back with a smirk. 

"Oi! Kaede!"  Chizu grumbled with a blush across her face.  Soon enough the girls busted out laughing. 

Eating their lunch, the three girls calmed down and laid down on their backs, looking at the bright blue sky. 

"So do you guys have in mind for next year?  You know what school you want to go to?" Chizu questioned as she glanced at the two girls next to her. 

"Hm....Not sure yet. But I do know that I want to go to the same school as the two of you!  I think it would be so much fun!" Amy cheered with a smile.  Her face glowing in excitement. As she closed her eyes she could just picture the three of them wearing their new school uniforms and hanging out.  Then the three of them would be talking about boys and maybe getting boyfriends, as she thought about this her face began to get hot. 

"My parents probably want me to go to another private girls school.  They want me focused on school, yada yada.  All the same stuff as usual."  Kaede grumbled and Chizu mumbled out about the same thing being for her as well. 

"But it would be so much fun if we all could go to a mixed gender school right!? Like that should be our goal for this year!  We need to convince our parents to get into the school we want!" Amy got up and raised her fist in the air.  

"I think you just have boys on your mind, Amy" 

"I think she does...You can totally see it on her face.  But you know, Chizu, that might not be so mad after all.  I kinda want to go against my parent's wishes." 

"Oh now you're talking, Kaede.  I taught you so well." Chizu smirked as she ruffled the girl's head.  

"So~~ What do we think?"  

"I think we got ourselves a deal."     

"Agreed." 

....

"Ok so which school are we talking about here?" Kaede began as the two girls looked at her. "I need to know ahead so I can start coming up with good reasons to tell our parents." 

"Oh I never thought about it...." Amy mumbled as she plopped back down on the ground. 

"Whatever, it shouldn't be too hard. Let's just look them up."