Chapter 14: What the Heart Wants

"AHHHH!!! How frustrating!  Its been months since we have been trying to get our parents approval! In just a month the schools will be opening their enrollment dates and have students test!! Ugh!!" Amy yelled as the trio walked down the halls of their school. 

"I know, I'm getting so tired of hearing excuses! But...hey how about I make a deal with my parents."  Chizu mumbled out as she slipped off her school shoes and put on her regular outdoor shoes. 

"You know that sounds like a good idea...."  Amy nodded her head in agreement, while Kaede chuckled and put her shoes away.  Closing the locker, Kaede leaned against it and looked at her friends. 

"What about you Kaede?"  Chizu questioned as they were now ready and started leaving school grounds. 

With a huff, Kaede picked at the poked at the new bruise on her arm and shrugged. "I doubt that making a deal will work but I can try.  Who knows?  Maybe a miracle might happen today."  

"Let's wish."  

The three girls sighed as they leaned against each other as they walked down the street. 

"Well wish me luck girls! I'm going to do it again tonight!"  Amy cheered as she went down another path to go to her home. 

With a smile, Chizu and Kaede waved as they continued to go to their destination. 

"So Kaede are you going to tell me that those bruises are only from your clumsiness?"  Chizu spoke as she eyes the new bruises and the faded ones as well.  Before, some of the bruises would be well hidden but over time and getting to know Kaede, it was apparent that those injuries weren't so simple. 

"What?"  Kaede froze and awkwardly covered her bruise that she forgot to cover this morning. 

"Kaede, I want to help you.  Is someone bullying you?  If so I'll beat them right now.  I'll show those fuckers who they are messing with!" Chizu exclaimed while grabbing Kaede's shoulders, making the girl face her. 

"Its nothing."  Kaede smiled as she grabbed Chizu's hand and made them continue walking. 

"Don't tell me its nothing! Kaede that is not going to work on me!  We've known each other for 3 years already! I want you to tell me so I can help you, I know you probably don't want me or Amy involved.  But she is worried about you too, you know?  So please..." 

The smiling expression on Kaede's face faded as she stopped and looked down.  

"I....I don't.....Its not simple, Chizu.  But I'm not getting bullied."  Kaede began as she was hesitant in saying anything.  She didn't want to worry her friends and get them involved but it was obvious that they cared for her.  It was the first time that she felt this cared for.  Feeling the squeeze of comfort from Chizu, Kaede clenched her hands and slowly rested her head on Chizu's shoulder. 

"I'm right here, Amy and I will always be here for you.  So don't worry.  I know Amy would make a bigger scene about this, so I chose to confront you first. So please, just tell me and I'll help you."  Chizu pleaded as she wrapped her arms around her friend. 

"I...I promise I'll tell you eventually, but not right now.  I want to try to solve things by myself first.  But I can promise you that if things get worse, I'll let you and Amy know."  Kaede mumbled and wrapped her arms around Chizu, burying her head further into her arms. 

"Kaede...."  

"I know.....Please just give me a bit of time.  I trust you and Amy but I---....this is a problem that will pass.  Its just that recently things have been a little rough but once things are over, it won't be so bad."  Kaede mumbled as tears slowly escaped.