Chapter 11: An Old Friend

"Your aunt is coming tonight?" Kyo questions as Tohru nods her head in happiness. 

"Yes! Shigure gave it an okay! Aunty has been trying to settle things at the hospital since she got back from Fukushima. Though she spent time with us during the winter and bits here and there, her work load is lightening up!" Tohru exclaimed as she began to cook, somehow the thought of her leaving the house escaped her mind. Though she's been staying at the apartment on weekends when Kaede had it off, the conversation about housing has not yet been brought up. 

For Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki the idea had merely went over their heads after the fiasco with Tohru's other relatives. 

"I'm looking forward to it! Your aunt was so kind to leave us a gift from Fukushima! And she even watched over you and the boys! How sweet!" Shigure announced as he flipped a page of the newspaper. 

"Yes! She's really is! I love her a lot!" Tohru smiled as she sat with the Sohma's a bit before getting up to prepare a meal. 

"Oh but we've seen her a bit after school for the past couple of weeks since school started again." Yuki mumbled out as he thought of the young woman who would greet the group after school and treat them out and hang out with them. A small smile found its way on his face as it was refreshing. 

"Yeah. Though her little teasing are annoying sometimes! She even picked up on the whole "Kyon Kyon" thing thanks to yankee girl!" Kyo annoyingly stated as he laid on the porch. 

"Aw don't be upset, Kyon Kyon." Shigure teased and earned a smack. 

After a while, Tohru finished up and started placing the food on the table. 

"Do you know when your aunty is coming, Tohru?" Shigure questioned as he placed the paper on the ground, watching Tohru bring in some other dishes. 

"Hm, she said she'll be here at 6:30. But knowing how work is she might be a little late." Tohru answered as they looked at the clock seeing it was already 7:00, she was running late, even when Tohru's cooking took a while. 

"Eh its no problem, you just finished cooking so she should be here soon." Shigure commented as Kyo stood up from his spot and closed the doors. 

"Your aunt is a doctor right?" Yuki asks as he leans his head on his hand. 

"Yes! She's an all rounder, mostly working in the ER at the Tokyo Hospital!" Tohru answered making the Sohmas widen their eyes slightly. 

"That's a well known hospital for some of the best doctors in Tokyo! I didn't know your aunt  worked there! How amazing!" Shigure smiled and complimented the girl's aunt. 

"She really is! She is always working so hard and always finds time for me!" 

Just as Tohru was about to tell them more about Kaede, the bell rung. 

"Oh would you look at that." Shigure grinned as Kyo eagerly waited to eat. 

The Sohmas remained at the table while Tohru got up happily. 

"That must be her!" Tohru cheered as her feet made its way to the door. "Aunty!" 

"Hey, Tohru! Sorry I was running late, some last minute stuff popped up. Plus I stopped at the bakery for desserts." Kaede apologized as she handed Tohru a bag full of pastries and desserts. 

"Its no problem, I just finished dinner not too long ago." Smiling, Kaede ruffled the girl's head as she took off her shoes and shrugged off her long brown coat, leaving the woman in her beige work pants and black button up. A lanyard with Kaede's ID dangled from her neck as she followed Tohru into the house, Kaede held her coat and purse in her arms.