Chapter 8: More Friends

"So how was it?~~" Amy asked her friends as lunch, the three girls lounging at the roof top. 

"It was pretty interesting. I admired the characters." Kaede stated with a soft smile on her face as she handed the book back.

"It was alright. Not a bad read, but I still like the demon king." Chizu commented as she pointed at the cover where the demon king stood in the far back. 

"Oh alright~ You simp over him and I simp over the knight. But who do you like, Kaede?" Amy hummed out as the other two girls looked at her friend who was eating her lunch. 

"Both?" Kaede answered as she took a sip of her juice. The two looked at her and sighed. 

"I think she would go for the good boy type." Amy commented as she turned to face Chizu. 

"I think she looks good with the bad boys. Besides the trope of a bad boy falling for the girl is cuter!" Chizu retorted and Kaede just laughed. The two girls turned to Kaede who grinned at the two. 

"I don't really think the type matters as long as you fall for them." Kaede spoke and then pulled a teasing look. "Besides I've seen the look from you two when we passed those boys from Miode's Boys School that's a block away. Amy looks at the dreamy nerdy type with glasses while Chizu looks at the guys with piercings. Though I do think both are equally attractive." 

"Oh! That's so right, isn't it cute! But this is the first time hearing you talk about boys." Amy immediately answered while Chizu blushed.   

"Ah well I'm not interested in them really. They weren't all that nice when I was in elementary, well even some girls." Kaede twirled her straw as she explained and the two girls nodded in understanding. 

"Yeah...I kinda get what you mean. My parents wanted me to get along with other girls and not be so tomboyish. Why did you guys come here?" Chizu stated as she ruffled her short pixie cut hair. The girl laid down on the ground and stared up at the sky.

"Hm~ Well it was close to my house and I heard the courses were great." Amy inputted as she too laid on the ground next to Chizu on her right. 

"My parents wanted me to. They didn't want a distraction and to keep myself studious. But I'm okay with it, I was able to make friends and experience something new." Kaede flopped on the ground with the other two girls, laying on Chizu's left. 

"I'm happy that we got to meet each other. Its been so much fun. Just thinking about it we've been friends for almost half a year right?" Amy turned her head to look at them. 

Humming, Kaede smiled gently. "Yes and we're gonna head into our second year in a couple months. I'm grateful that you guys approached me and we became friends." 

"Yeah, its a breath of fresh air. Plus I've been getting better grades with Kaede's tutoring." Chizu noted making Kaede roll her eyes and push her friend's arm. 

"Hahah, that's right you're a bit dumb Chizu!" Amy teased as she got punched in the arm. With a whine, Amy closed her eyes and reminisced. "I remember how in the beginning of the year, Kaede, you were a bit distant and kept to yourself. The smartest girl in the class and in our grade, but were so kind and considerate. I remember how I dropped my stuff and you kindly helped me, you spoke to me and it made me happy. Plus it seemed we had a lot more in common. You liked to read and I do too." 

Kaede widened her eyes slightly and listened.  A small smile came on her face

"Then for Chizu, you were standoffish and weren't very friendly until Kaede had approached you as we needed a member for our group project. Who would have guessed all three of us would be friends, talk about books, and other stuff."