the 4.22 cm origin

new year special prologue
character references: idol universe
year range: 2024-2025

○○○

2024.

finally the end of seokjin's military services, and it's already a few weeks after- and he had finally settled everything down. from the renewal of contract and settlement of his investments.

it also includes the publicization of his relationship with moon byulyi that's been on-going since the start of 2020.

they were accepted fondly by the public as well, and to their surprise, there's no chaos that ensued after it all, as if everything was back to normal after a few days of fuss, here and there.

although, it couldn't be missed that each time they'll appear or guest on shows, they'll always be asked about their relationship- and they've already expected it.

until august 2024.

he has quite a problem for days.

byulyi seems to be quite off after a month ago that was full of clinginess, intimacy, and continuous passionate nights.

now that the girls are busy rehearsing for their special performances for the year end soon, seokjin had to suddenly fetch byulyi out of emergence, being called by yongsun at how sick byulyi was through-out the whole day.

quickly reaching the place to fetch byulyi, the two now ended up heading back home, with seokjin bearing the silence inside the car, thinking about how tired she must be to not talk that much.

he keeps stealing glances on her direction, only to receive nothing but a spaced-off sigh, leaning her head over the window, squeezing her eyes shut.

instead of bugging her to tell him what happened like how he normally does, he can recall yongsun's constant warning.

do not bug her.

she's been quite emotional for days, and i'm not sure why.

now she ends up vomiting heavily in the middle of the performance that we had to stop it.

he tilts his head, stealing one last glance over his girlfriend, as he whispers softly. "can you walk together with me in the house?" he asks her, as byulyi licks her upper lip, nodding slowly before whispering. "i can, i... just feel nauseous." she murmured softly, now taking off her seat-belt, obviously annoyed today with her sickness.

silence still remains in between them, and seokjin wasn't sure if he should now start asking her- watching her quickly plop into the couch tiringly as soon as he closes the door of his place.

"do you need... anything?" he asks her, stepping into her space, standing in front of her as she buries her face into the pillow, shaking her head, muffling a whisper. "i'm good... jinnie.."

"... okay." he smiles softly, about to leave- only to hear a soft sniff muffled on the pillow- making his eyes grow wide as he turns to her...

suddenly sobbing.

he heard her crying all of a sudden, making him pause and worriedly kneel down, nudging her shoulder.