Twenty-Three

Ned, Peter, and I grew closer over the remainder of the school year.

The incident between Eugene and I was pretty much forgotten among the other students.

Two years had passed since then.

"Annabeth, can you believe it? We're high schoolers now," Ned exclaimed as he and Peter walked into the new building.

"Only a few more years and we'll be college students," Peter said, eyes wide.

I didn't exactly understand their enthusiasm about school, but I had missed them.

We texted constantly over the summer, but I wasn't really allowed to hang out with them outside of school. Not without one of the Avengers nearby.

"I still think it's weird that we've all had the same classes for the last four years," Ned commented, squinting at his new schedule.

I felt the corner of my lip curve a little, "Yes... strange," FRIDAY was a very willing hacker to mundane things.

The only difference we had between our schedules was our chosen elective. The boys liked robotics and I liked art.

"We should start heading to class, the bell's going to ring soon," Peter said, checking his watch.

"Well, lead the way," I said, motioning my hand onward, "Ladies first,".

The pair shot me a look, but started in the direction of our classroom.

Our first class of the day, happened to be one of our favorites. Science.
.
.
.
Unfortunately, Flash was also in our advanced science class.

There were also a wide variety of new people in the class too. One of which, Peter seemed to take a particular liking to.

"Now then everyone, let's have our first project of the year," the teacher announced, pacing around the front of the classroom.

"Already? It's the first day..." I heard someone mutter, sounding quite displeased about it.

"I've chosen something quite simple, just something to get everyone 'in the know with each other'. New school, new classmates, new teachers, new everything," he continued, walking over to the computer he had connected to the projector.

"Your first project, will be a presentation about yourselves. The key word to that sentence, was presentation. You will be presenting your PowerPoint up here to your classmates. Now, you," the teacher pointed at me, "Could you pass out these rubrics?"

I got up from my seat, taking the stack papers to pass out. I would have to figure out something to fill it.

"This will be due Monday, where we will also start presentations. I'm going to give mine as an example," the teacher said as I sat back down.

I had a feeling that this high school would be much different than middle school.