Twenty-Nine

The next forty-eight hours were... a lot, to say the least.

Steve, Sam, and Natasha went to England for a funeral. The following day was a huge meeting, so everyone else except for Vision and Wanda went with them.

Pietro had gone with great hesitation, but Tony said 'at least one Maximoff has to come'.

I laid on the back of the couch as a calico cat. Vision was cooking some kind of stew.

"I like the pastels," Wanda informed me as she entered the room, giving my head a scritches before making her way to the kitchen.

"Is that paprikash?" She questioned, looking into the pot.

Vision looked up from the pot, "I thought it might... lift your spirits," he smiled.

Vision had a hardcore crush on Wanda, it drove Pietro crazy.

Wanda stirred the pot before taking out the wooden spoon to taste it, "Spirits lifted," she said as she made a face.

Vision noticed, "In my defense, I haven't actually ever... eaten anything before, so..." he trailed off.

"May I?" Wanda asked, motioning to the ingredients.

Vision took a step away from the pot, "Please, Wanda," he encouraged.

I yawned and stretched, flexing my toes, hopping on the floor and made my way to the kitchen, jumping on the island.

"No one dislikes you Wanda," Vision said quickly, I flattened my ears.

Wanda raised an eyebrow at him, "Thanks?"

He simply laughed, "Oh, you're welcome. No it's a... involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you,".

I outwardly growled at him, Wanda spared me a glance, "Are you?"

"My amygdala is synthetic so..."

Wanda snorted at his response, "I used to think of myself one way, but after this," her magic danced around her fingers, "I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but that's not what everyone else sees," she decided.

Vision was silent for a moment before touching the rock in his forehead, "Do you know, I don't know what this is? Not really, I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you and your siblings your abilities, but... it's true nature is a mystery. And yet, it is a part of me,".

Wanda glanced at me, my ears were still flattened, "Are you afraid of it?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day, who knows, I may even control it," he said with a smile.

Wanda looked at the food and changed the topic, "I don't know what's in this but it is not paprika. I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in twenty minutes," she said as she walked around the island and grabbed her jacket.

Vision teleported in front of her, "Alternatively, we could order pizza?"

My fur puffed up at the sudden appearance, Wanda seemed equally startled, "Vision, are you not letting me leave?" She questioned cautiously.

"It is a question of safety," he defended.

I walked to the edge of the counter with a growl, lashing my tail.

"I can defend myself," Wanda snipped, sounding a bit shocked.

"Not yours. Mister Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the Accords are on a . . . more secured foundation," he said it so nonchalantly.

I scratched him.