Chapter 13

I had heard Dijun had become increasingly indifferent ever since you sought seclusion from the world. But I've witnessed today that you are still the same master we once knew. - Pillowbook 2

—------------------------------

Lower Realm: Tu Jian Mansion

1 day since Fengjiu died.

Tu Jian—------------------------------

The three primordial beings, Fushen, Mushen and Lord Shaoyang had then spent many years shifting and fixing the energies of the universe into the different realms, so each race had a place that was best suited to the natures of their souls.

The energies in the ghost realm that stopped all divine immortals but those of High God rank from using magic had been deliberately done. Of the races that survived the prehistoric era the ghosts were by far the weakest. The energies best suited to the extreme yin nature of the ghosts, and least suited to divine immortals had been shifted to the far west, where the Ghost Realm now was. This along with Fushen gifting the now destroyed Donghuang Bell to the first Ghost Lord had assuaged their fears.

That the demons would attack the ghosts wasn't too surprising, the energies in the ghost realm had no negative effect on the demons, considering both were of yin origin. The demons had not quarrelled with the ghosts before, as they had always wanted to fight the Heavenly Tribe for the de facto rulership of the world, they'd never been worth attacking before.

But now three of the seven demon clans were solidly friends, if not allies, of the Heavenly Tribe, while three remained hostile, and the remaining clan was neutral. In this situation the demons had no hope of attacking the Heavenly Tribe and winning, so the three demon clans had looked elsewhere for ways to improve their holdings and power. And thus the disunified ghosts had become an easy target.

Tu Jian frowned, these three demon clans were muddying the borders and extending into the Ghost Realm. She had been the one to assist Lord Shaoyang in partitioning out every mountain, river and blade of grass between the realms. She was justifiably proud of her work, and then these greedy children had the gall to come along and stamp all over it, she was honestly offended.

Ru Zhong was approaching through the rock and the defence barriers. She was the only one besides Lord Shaoyang and the Elders that could get through without injury, but did she have to come through the defences every time? Surely the point had been made by now.

Tu Jian continued adding the details and information into the map taking shape beneath her fingers as Ru Zhong phased through the marble floor.

"Is that the last one?", Tu Jian asked, not bothering to greet Ru Zhong.

If the High Goddess was going to be discourteous by making a mockery of her defences, then Tu Jian did not need to offer courtesy in reply. They had always been this way.

"Yes, I thought I'd come deliver it personally.", Ru Zhong replied as she placed the last report on the major tribes and clans within the Ghost Realm onto the table to Tu Jian's left.

"An excuse to laud your people's success over me, more likely."

"You know me so well."

Just as Tu Jian began to wonder why the information gathering, people murdering High Goddess was not leaving, Ru Zhong spoke, "I don't like the old fox's daughter."

"You were summoned only a day ago, what has Elder Bai Zhi's youngest done to earn your ire so quickly?"

"That thing does not treat our lord with the required reverence.", was Ru Zhong's vitriolic reply.