Chapter 32

Dijun naturally won't accept the formal rite of bowing from the monarchs of both clans (Tian Jun & Fox King, Bai Zhi), but Tian Jun and Bai Zhi will still need to greet him with a simple rite of courtesy whenever they meet the former master. - Tang Qi (Author)

----------------------------

When Bai Xun woke hours later and catalogued his state of being, his first thought was to admit his 'meditation is rest' assertion had been flawed. His mind was more alert, and the world felt 'real', having lost its dreamlike fuzziness from before.

Decisions he'd agonised over before sleeping were easily solved with a fresh mind, and so he put on the light blue robe that his mother had embroidered with white and silver flowers.

It was uncertain if he'd ever be able to return to Bihai Cangling, and so he carefully folded and packed all of the clothing his mother had made for him. Then he stored them inside his qiankun sleeve. He was grateful all his clothing had been modified with them, as they allowed him to store items far larger than the space on the outside.

There were only a few other items he also packed, mostly books and his notes, but also the guqin and erhu his father had made for him, the delicate jewellery his mother had created for him and the brush set with the white jade handles.

Hopefully one day soon he could place them back here, but for now logic and pragmatism was the correct choice.

Thanks to the qiankun sleeve his robes were no heavier than they would have been, but he still straightened the sleeve before leaving his rooms.

As he entered the receiving room memories surface brightly, he remembered walking into this room for the first time, guided by Xie Guchou. He'd not cared at all who all the strangers were, he'd only wanted to see his mother after many months apart.

He walked through the room toward the door leading outside, he did not stop walking, and only glanced at the short corridor that led to his parents room in Bihai Cangling, where he'd met his father for the first time.

With his sharp hearing the sound of fabric flowing in the faint breeze was quite noticeable, so was not surprised when he stepped outside to find someone standing there, it was High God Yu Shi.

Yu Shi bowed in greeting, then fumbled his address, "Young Master- ah, Your Highness the Imperial Prince? Or-"

Bai Xun forestalled the ancient general from their nervous flustering, "If addressing me as Young Master comes naturally to you, then that is fine."

"Thank you," Yu Shi said and bowed in thanks, relief clear on his expressive face, "Elder Liu Cai said I should inform you that Gener-Fox King and his fourth son shall shortly arrive hence, should you wish to greet them."

"Understood, where should I meet them?" Bai Xun asked.

"Traditionally it would be the eighth stone terrace, it is likely the Fox King will alight there." Yu Shi said.

Even though this was his second home after Taichen Palace, Bai Xun had no idea where that might be. Bihai Cangling was not a small domain, it was half as large as the north sea, only slightly smaller than half the size of Qingqiu.

It would probably be faster for Yu Shi to take him to where his great-grandfather and great-uncle would be arriving, than it was for them to stand here trying to figure out which ancient place name corresponded to a greatly changed Bihai Cangling.

"Can you escort me there?" Bai Xun asked.

"Of course! Please follow me, Young Master." Yu Shi replied, clearly happy with the request.