Chapter 27 Mo Yuan

-------------------------------
Dong Hua was born from Bihai Cangling at the beginning of time. - Pillowbook

Bihai Cangling was where the strongest divine energy gathered. - Pillowbook

Bihai Cangling - Midday
Day 3 since Fengjius death
POV: Mo Yuan

—--------------------

Mo Yuan had been expecting Dong Hua to return, so was not surprised when the man suddenly appeared inside Bihai Cangling's stone palace study room, but he was wary. This was because Dong Hua's face held the tiniest flicker of irritation, which given the man's well known emotionlessness and his 'ice face', was equivalent to a normal person being utterly unimpressed or even furious.

"Three days," Dong Hua said pensively, "Shoddy craftsmanship, we have less time than we'd hoped for."

Mo Yuan thought Dong Hua was being more than a bit unfair toward himself. Dong Hua had created the seal by wielding powers that Mo Yuan had only just been made aware of, while half insane, and with no time to plan it.

The earlier the seal breaks, the more likely Dong Hua was to emerge sane. If the seal broke before the six months it would take for him to learn the skills and techniques needed, there wouldn't be any way for Dong Hua to be stopped, reality and existence would cease.

Dong Hua would not mention something he was uncertain about, so it was likely that the seal would not last very long, but Mo Yuan did not know why Dong Hua was not so certain.

"The seal is already failing?" Mo Yuan asked.

Even though it seemed quite clear to him that this was the case, with all the learning he'd been doing lately, he wasn't comfortable making any concrete conclusions or speculations. Within the short span of the past two days he'd been wrong or off the mark too many times to be certain of anything.

Dong Hua nodded almost imperceptibly, "I gave him an official name."

There was no logical or political reason for Dong Hua to grant his son an official name, only emotional ones. It was the same with Dong Hua telling him about the golden blood legacy that would kill little Xueyu without intervention, there had been no logical reason to do so then either.

The thought of the seal weakening this early did not fill Mo Yuan with joy, only dread, it could not break yet, or else reality could break with it.

"Bai Xun," Dong Hua said, then continued in a slightly wistful tone, "She loved watching the stars appear at twilight."

Before Mo Yuan had a second to indulge in some internal panic, Dong Hua blinked, clearly perturbed but then he rallied himself, and with a look of thinly veiled disgust at the 'shoddy' seal on his wrist, his every movement and motion went blank.

Dong Hua spoke matter-of-factly, "There was a connection; though different and less intense than what you endured."

"Is he well?" Mo Yuan asked, concerned.

Dong Hua was no longer sending him irritated looks at questions relating to his loved ones, the seal truly was failing, and quickly.

"Liu Cai's attendance was for that possibility, she will collect him." Dong Hua said.

Ah, of course Dong Hua would have ensured a failsafe in case that occurred, from what Mo Yuan understood, it was more dangerous for family members to bring back someone lost. Dong Hua had only told him the single story of a time that had occurred, but that was enough, the two siblings had become...entangled. Their souls, so similar, had become bound into each other in a horrifying amalgamation; they'd been killed to put an end to their misery.