Chapter 28

Never hoping they would get to meet the greatest deity of all...The queen above and her courtiers below all donned the same reverential expression to the point of looking stressed at the thought they would soon be meeting Dijun. - Pillowbook 1, Chapter 11

Being the queen of Qing Qiu, there was one thing Fengjiu always adhered to, and that was to keep Qing Qiu's face at all times. No matter what happened she must never have Qing Qiu's name soiled. - Pillowbook

—--------------------------------------------
Heavenly Realm, Jiuchongtian, Taichen Palace - Mountain Garden Platform - Midday
Day 3 since Fengjiu's death
Bai Xun (Gungun)—-------------------------------

"Physical touch should be avoided, allow me." A voice he couldn't place warned.

He was lifted into a sitting position by what felt like a blanket underneath him, but could not see anything.

"There will be some confusion." The same voice said.

For a few moments he couldn't quite remember why he was sitting haphazardly on the floor, but then memories started to trickle back. The memories were muddled, fuzzy and indistinct, as if he'd dreamed them rather than experienced them.

He blinked, Zhe Yan was crouching in front of him, though he did not want to meet the high deity's eyes for some reason.

"How are you feeling?" Zhe Yan asked.

"I wasn't supposed to be... see? Know." Bai Xun spoke the most ineloquent sentence he'd ever spoken since he'd first mastered basic words as a baby. Ah, that hadn't been the question, he refocused his thoughts to answer Zhe Yan.

He methodically ran through a mental checklist.

How was he physically?

His mind catalogued the myriad of tiny scratches and cuts, but they were cauterised by the lightning, and already healing, they were the type he'd sometimes get from handling paperwork, insignificant and not worth mentioning. He hadn't hit his head when he'd fallen unconscious and wondered who had caught him, he would need to ask and thank them.

Magically?

He could sense no disturbances, abnormalities or fluctuations out of the ordinary. What had once been a deep river of energy and power was now an ocean, almost fathomless, he felt a bit wary about using such power, it was almost at the level of a High Deity.

Mentally?

His thoughts felt delayed and slow, , that was a bit concerning, hopefully it wasn't permanent.

Spiritually?

His souls was stable, bright and unharmed, though there were odd tendrils here and there, pieces that hadn't quite coalesced with the rest, though he could sense them doing so even as he 'watched'.

Overall, he wasn't harmed in any way he could sense, and his thoughts and soul, while a bit disjointed and slow, were both quickly recovering.

"I am...well? Good?" He eventually managed to say, sentences with his usual eloquence seemed to not be possible just yet.

His reply only seemed to make Zhe Yan, and Bai Qian more concerned, but before he could grimace at the spike of emotions, he was saved.

"Peace, good doctor." Liu Cai said, and raised a hand to ward Zhe Yan coming closer, "The young master has taken no lasting harm, and has more wits about him than most, more than I did," Liu Cai admitted, then she turned to him, though she did not look him in the eyes as she spoke, "Truly you are the sovereign's scion." her voice held...something indistinct, it wasn't surprise, or admiration, he couldn't place it.