Loki Makes His Move

Chapter 2

In the palace, Loki asks Serena, "What would you like to see first?" Serena answered, "It doesn't matter to me. We can start anywhere you like, Loki." Loki just smiled at Serena. Loki said, "Well then, let's start with the royal gardens. They are very beautiful just like you, Serena." Serena smiled at Loki. Loki took Serena to the royal gardens, which were in full bloom. When Serena saw the royal garden, she was in awe of it. She had never seen anything as beautiful as the Asgardian royal gardens. Not even on Vanaheim. Loki watched Serena's reaction to the gardens and knew he had her attention. Loki asked Serena, "What are you thinking? Serena said, "It's absolutely beautiful. Thank you for showing me these gardens." Loki smiled softly at Serena and said, "You're welcome." Serena and Loki stayed in the gardens for a while admiring the beautiful scene.

Loki finally said, "There's more to the palace than the gardens. Let me show you the inside. Come with me." Loki held out his arm for Serena to take. Loki leads Serena back into the palace. Then to the kitchen and showed her that area too. Serena was impressed by it too. It was huge. From there he showed Serena the great hall where her and Thor's reception will take place. Suddenly Serena felt strange inside the reception hall, like the marriage was wrong. Serena was beginning to have feelings for Loki, and she didn't know why. Loki too was beginning to have feelings for Serena. They both knew it was wrong because Serena was engaged to Thor, but they couldn't deny their feelings for each other. Although they must try to for Thor's sake because they didn't want to hurt Thor. Loki continued with his tour of the palace. He showed Serena the bedchambers When Loki came to Thor's bedchambers, Loki said, "This is Thor's bedchambers, where you will be staying after the wedding." he said softly. Serena looked at Loki with sorrow in her eyes because she knew that Loki didn't want her to marry Thor.

Serena said, "Loki, why don't you continue with the tour?" Loki said, "Yes, let's continue." Loki then took Serena to his bedchambers. When he opened the door to his bedchambers. Serena saw that Loki's room was very neat and tidy unlike Thor's whose room, which had weapons all over the place. Serena was impressed by Loki's bedchambers. Serena said, "Oh Loki, your bedchambers are so beautiful and so much different from Thor's." Loki said, "Yes, my brother fancies his weapons and doesn't bother to tidy up any, but I guess all that will change once you're his wife. I mean you surely will make him tidy up some, won't you?" Serena smiled shyly and said, "I don't know if Ican. Thor prides himself as a great warrior. I don't know if I can make him change his ways, but your room is immaculate and beautiful." Loki smiled at the compliment. Loki said, "That's the one big difference between the two of us. I'm tidier than my brother. All he thinks about is war and fighting.

Honestly, I don't see how he can even marry someone like you. At least not someone of your stature." Serena said, "I don't believe it was Thor's choice but the decision of King Odin and my father. I believe that Thor is only agreeing to this marriage because of our fathers." Serena dropped her head. Loki couldn't believe the hurt he saw on Serena's face. Loki asked Serena, "Serena, do you love my brother?" Serena kept her head low and said, "Yes, but not in the way you think. I love him as a friend, even a brother. I'm not in love with him but it doesn't matter now. My father will make me marry Thor even though I'm not in love with him." Loki said, "Why don't you just tell your father the truth?" Serena replied, "I have tried to tell my father, but he doesn't listen." Loki asked Serena, "Is there someone else that you love that maybe your father will accept in place of Thor?" Serena smiled shyly, "Yes, there is someone else, but I don't know if he feels the same way about me or not." Loki gave a slight smile to Serena because he had a feeling who Serena was referring to. At least he hoped he was right.