Frigga Gets Involved

Chapter 6

Frigga went to Odin's throne room to talk to him about Thor's pre-arranged marriage. When she arrived at Odin's throne room, she found the throne room doors still closed. Frigga told the guards to let her in because she needed to speak to Odin. The guards told Frigga that Odin couldn't be disturbed. Frigga tells the guards, "I'm Frigga, Queen of Asgard and the wife of Odin the All Father. I demand you let me in the throne room. Now!" One of the guards started to speak but Frigga cut him off, "Now!" The guards looked at each other, then bowed before Frigga. They then opened the throne room doors and Frigga walked in. Odin yells, "WHO DARES INTRUDES ON A PRIVATE MEETING BETWEEN MYSELF AND KING BARRETT." Frigga yells back at Odin, "IT'S ME YOUR WIFE!, FRIGGA QUEEN OF ASGARD!" Odin asks Frigga, "What is the meaning of this my queen? Don't you know that I'm in negotiations with King Barrett concerning the marriage of our son, Thor to King Barrett's daughter, Prince Serena." Frigga said, "That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about." Odin asked Frigga, "What do you mean Frigga?" Frigga said, "Our son does not want to get married this way.

Odin asked Frigga, "How do you know this? Did Thor say it?" Frigga said, "He doesn't have to say anything to me. He's my son and a mother knows her son and if you force him into this marriage, then he'll never speak to you again!" King Barrett spoke up, "And what is wrong with my daughter that your son doesn't like?" Frigga said, "Nothing is wrong with your daughter. In fact, she is a beautiful and sweet girl, but my son is just not in love with her. He loves another. So, the marriage would be pointless. Plus, I also know that your daughter, King Barrett, is in love with another as well." Odin asks "How do you know all these things, my queen? Frigga said, "I have talked to them, and they confided in me their feelings." Odin asks, "Why didn't they come to us with this matter?" Frigga said, "I imagine the same reason that I had trouble getting in here to talk to you is because you forbid anyone to come in here. So, they came to me instead." Odin said, "When Thor comes back from Alfheim, I will ask him myself." King Barrett said, "I will do the same with Serena. Do you know where my daughter is now?" Frigga said, "The last time I saw her, Loki was giving her a tour of the palace. So, if you find my other son, you will find your daughter." Odin said, "Loki! Loki is taking the princess on a tour of the palace." Frigga said, "Yes, Odin! What's wrong with our other son showing the princess around. Especially since IT was Thor who asked Loki to do it."

Odin's eye grew big in shock. Odin said, "Thor ASKED HIM TO DO IT. I don't believe it!" Frigga said, "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE! It's the truth and if you don't believe me well then you can ask him yourself." Odin got very quiet. Frigga knew she had Odin right where she wanted him. So, she took this opportunity to let Odin know how she felt about him treating Loki so differently. Frigga said, "While we are on the subject of our sons, I want you to know that I don't like the way you treat Loki. He is as much a son as Thor is. It doesn't matter that I didn't bore him or that he's not from your seed. You saved him from death on Jotunheim and brought him back to Asgard as your son." Odin tried to speak but Frigga wouldn't let him, "I'm not finished yet, Odin!" Frigga continues "You have always made a difference between "our" sons and it's going to stop now! Loki is a good person if you would only get to know him like I do. Just because he's not of your blood, you mistreat him and it's going to STOP NOW!" Odin asked, "Are you quite finished now, maybe I can speak." Frigga shakes her head "yes". Odin said, "Well that was a lot you had to say my queen. Now it's my turn. Yes, I make a difference between them but it's not the reason you think. Thor understands about the matters of the throne and the duties that come with it and Loki does not. I need an heir who understands the ways to rule the kingdom." Frigga cut in and said, "That's because you have not taught him these things and it's about time you did, Odin." Odin said, "Fine, I will teach Loki the ways to be a king. If that will please you, my queen?" Frigga said, "Yes this will please me very much, my king." Odin kissed Frigga to let her know that everything will be ok.

Frigga told Odin that Princess Serena was in love with Loki and that Thor and Sif were in love. Odin said, "How do you know of these things my queen?" Frigga said, "Like I told you earlier my king, they confided in me. So, you see my king, Thor and Serena cannot get married because they love someone else." Odin asked, "But why Loki? Why did the princess fall for Loki?" Frigga said. "Odin, there is nothing wrong with Loki. He too is a crown prince of Asgard. So, your treaty with Vanaheim is still valid. It's just our other son will be getting married to the princess. We might even have a double wedding, Odin, Loki and Serena and Thor and Sif. Want that be great!" Odin said, "Yes, I guess it would be my queen. Sif is a great warrior very much like Thor and Princess Serena seems a bit up-a-tee in her ways, mind you that's not a bad thing, my queen. It's just that she and Loki would make a better pairing. I don't know why I didn't see it before." Frigga said, "Maybe you were thinking about the "oldest" marrying first, my kind? Odin said, "Yes, my queen you are right. I will tell King Barrett that the plans have changed, and it will be my "youngest" son who will be marrying his daughter not my ''oldest". Frigga smiled at Odin because she knew she convinced him to change his mind about their sons "new" wives.