Loki Leans About Serena's Mother

Chapter 10

In the days to follow the palace staff was busy trying to not only get prepared for one wedding BUT two. Princess Serena's father King Barrett stayed in Odin's palace until the wedding took place. Odin had given King Barrett his own personal bedchamber. Serena's mother wasn't there because she had passed away during childbirth. King Barrett's healers were able to save Serena but not her mother. So, King Barrett raised Serena on his own. Loki and Serena were able to spend time together without trying to hide from anyone. Loki asked Serena, "Is your mother coming to the wedding?" Serena teared up. Loki asked, "What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" Serena shook her head "no". Loki said, "What's wrong then?" Serena said, "My mother is dead. She died giving birth to me. My father couldn't find it in his heart to remarry." Loki took Serena by the hand and said, "I'm sorry baby. I didn't know." Serena said, "It's OK. You didn't know. I don't talk about her much because it's too depressing. Especially when my father could have saved my mother, but it would have meant he would lose me. So, my father made a difficult choice and decided to save me because that's what my mother would have wanted."

Loki felt so sorry for Serena losing her mother the way she did. Loki said, "Don't worry darling. My mother will love you like you are her own." Serena said, "Yes, I know she will, but it still is not the same as having my own mother being here." Loki said, "I know, baby but you are still loved. My mother will make sure of it. You will be treated as if you belong to her. That's how my mother is. Trust me I know." Serena said, "What do you mean by that?" Loki got quiet then finally said, "I'm not of Odin's blood. I'm adopted. Odin found me as a baby and took me in as his own." Serena said, "There's nothing wrong with that. You still have two parents." Loki said, "There's more I need to tell you before we get married." Serena said, "You can tell me anything, Loki. I won't judge you." Loki took a deep breath and finally said, "Promise me what I tell you won't change the way you feel about me?" Serena said, "I promise, Loki."

Loki took another deep breath and finally said, "Darling, I'm a Frost Giant. Odin found me abandoned on Jotunheim. My parents left me to die because I wasn't as big as the other Frost Giant babies. My true father is King Laufy of the Frost Giants. I don't know who my mother was" Loki waited for Serena's reaction hoping that she would still marry and love him." Serena said, "So you're adopted, that explains a lot. I mean the way Odin treats you so differently from Thor. But your mother has accepted you as her own. I understand a lot more about you now, Loki. Thank you for telling me."

Loki said, "Is that all you have to say? You're not repulsed by my Frost Giant heritage? You are still going to marry me?" Serena put her hand on Loki's cheek and said, "Of course I still love you and am going to marry you. Your Frost Giant heritage does not repulse me. I respect the fact; you told me the truth. I love you, Loki and nothing is going to change that." Loki's eyes got big with surprise and shock. "You still love me and are going to marry me even though I'm a Frost Giant, a monster?" Serena smiled at Loki and said, "Yes, I do, and will, and you're not a monster. I don't want to hear you call yourself that again. You complete me Loki." Loki grabs Serena and pulls her into a passionate kiss. When Loki broke off the kiss, he told Serena, "I love you so much." Serena said, "I love you too Loki.