Chapter 1 - His Story

—————————————————————

Kezra groaned and let his head fall onto his desk. Truth be told, history was boring. No imaginative freedom in the slightest. Besides. Why did they even have to learn this? This is a wizarding school for goodness sake! They're supposed to be learning magic! Not whatever this crap is.

"Please open to page 126." Kezra lifted his head to see the professor standing in front of the room. He reluctantly flipped to the designated page. "Review the following pages on The Clash of The Great Stags, and The Clash of the Great Stags Champions. There will be a test on this next week." There was a collective groan from the class.

Twenty minutes later, the professor's voice sounded. "Can someone tell me what we're the names of the champions of the Great Stags?" Kezra found himself staring at the page. He had not read a single thing!

Two seats down, Odette, raised her hand.

"Odette?"

"Scott Dangthatsalongname Major and Xornoth Tycer Major," Odette said.

"Excellent. Now can someone tell me the names of the Great Stags?" She scanned the classroom.

Kezra knew this one. His hand shot up.

"Kezra?"

"The names of the Great Stags are Aeor and Exor."

"Correct."

. . .

Galactic groaned as Professor Mata droned on about the Pythagorean Theorem. Math? Boring. Honestly, school was just boring in general. The only good thing that came out of

it was her friends. Which she barely had.

"If one leg of the triangle is 5 inches," Professor Mata said, waving his wand and the problem appearing as he spoke. "And the hypotenuse is 6 feet and 2 inches, what is the length of the missing leg in inches?"

Everyone hurried to copy down the problem and solved it.

Across the room, Pleb thought the problem through while copying it down. Pythagorean Theorem is when a squared and b squared are added, then it will equal to c squared. So, if leg a is equal to 5 inches. The hypotenuse is 6 feet and 2 inches which is equal to 74 inches. Five squared is 25. 25 subtracted from 74 is 49. The square root of 49 is 7 which makes the missing leg equal to 7.

"Anyone?" Pleb was one of the few people that raised their hands. "Pleb?"

"Seven."

"Excellent. Now, if we were to decide to remove the squares from each of the variables, we would get an entirely different answer..."

. . .

When the bell rang, everyone rushed out of the door. Galactic was the last one out of her classroom (I just had to because it always happens).

Pleb made her way to the Crystal Cliffs Public Library. She ran her fingers over the spines of books as she walked down the aisles. She plucked a random book from its shelf. Pleb looked down at the cover. It was pretty shade of sandy gold. Written at the top in copper colored lettering.

Preserving History - Volume II

The 12 Empires: Fact or Fiction?

Pleb opened the book to the first page.

History. It's true, isn't it? There's no lies or any secrets hidden among the pages of history.

History. Break it down. "His Story." Only the winners of wars get to write history. How can we be sure the winners were really good? What if they weren't the hero of the story,

but the villain instead?

It's time we start embracing the facts.

Preserving History, Volume II - The 12 Empires: Fact or Fiction? Written by Pix El Riffs