Chapter 7 - Magic

Chapter 7 - Magic

—————————————————————

Early the next morning, Aled woke up to the early stage of sunrise. He stepped outside to see two certain black haired and light brown hair wizards. The young child held his llama plush close to his chest as he approached the two. He looked up at Ember and Honey.

"Hi," he abruptly said. Honey shrieked in surprise, not realizing that the little 6 year old was right there. Ember laughed at her companion's shock.

"Not funny!" Honey muttered.

"Kinda is," the black haired female said, still laughing.

Aled sat down in between the two teen wizards. He was quiet before he spoke up. "Ever feel like you're at home even though you're not?"

Honey stared at Aled before looking up at Ember. Ember shrugged.

"Smart kid," she said. Honey nodded in agreement.

"I get what you mean," Honey said to Aled. They brought their knees up to their chest.

"Hey, you guys!" Ash emerged from the door. "Evergreen wanted me to tell you breakfast's ready."

"We'll be right in," Ember called back.

The demon hybrid nodded before he headed back in.

Aled looked up at the Honey. The young boy watched the two wizards stand up and walk away. He locked his eyes on Ember. Aled sat there for a couple more minutes before standing up, his grip tightening on his llama.

. . .

The group of wizards waved to Evergreen as they climbed aboard Amy.

"Take care," Evergreen said. She held out a basket which Annabeth took. "There's some food in there."

"Thank you!" Odette cried out as Amy took off.

Aled had fallen asleep during the flight and when he awoke, the sun was already setting.

"This place is far," Kezra said, yawning.

"Should be less than another half day before we get there," Annabeth said. He looked down into the forest. "Find a clearing," she said to Amy. The dragon huffed, starting to move downwards into the trees.

When she landed, Amy lowered her wing to let the wizards off before falling asleep.

The group of peers quickly worked together to set the clearing up for the night.

Pleb, Kezra, Drake and Honey used the plants around them to create small huts when they went to sleep. Aled was playing with a couple of fireflies he called over to light up the clearing. Galactic was watching after the 6 year old. Odette and Ash were looking for sticks and stones to start a fire. Annabeth and Ember were looking through the basket that Evergreen gave them. Ian was trying to get the fire started.

When they finished, the moon was already at its highest peak.

Annabeth had gone into their hut to sleep for the night. The young wizards were seated around the campfire. Aled was asleep in Honey's lap. Pleb and Kezra had walked off into the woods with one of the staffs.

"Should we test out the staff they left?" Odette suggested. She stood up to get the staff.

"Feel anything?" Ash asked.

"Nope."

The staff was passed around the circle until it got to Honey. As soon as her touch reaches the handle, the group felt the ground start to rumble before it all went still.

"Well, Honey's one of them," Galactic said. When the staff reached back to the first person, only Honey and Ember were the only ones that it worked for.

. . .

Pleb held the staff in its bag as the duo walked further into the forest.

"You planning to kill me?" Kezra joked.

"Maybe I am," Pleb replied with a small laugh.

"Why did you bring the staff with us?"

"Well," the avian said. "I can't explain it, but I felt that I had to."

"Well then," the goat hybrid said. "Let's try it."

He took the staff into his hands. He held it out, his hands far enough for Pleb to put her hands on the staff too.

As soon as both hands were on the staff, it started rattling in their grips. The two swallowed nervously, unsure of what would happen. A large gust of wind blew through the trees and left Pleb and Kezra unfazed.

The duo had their eyes closed, but when they opened them, they were taken aback by what they saw.