Chapter 6 - Night

Chapter 6 - Night

—————————————————————

Pleb, Ian, and Drake left the house in a hurry, late to meeting up with their group. Ian and Drake tried to ask Pleb some questions, but she made the point to not ask her those questions. The avian made a pit stop to pick up Aled, telling the other two to go ahead.

"Where are we going?" Aled asked.

"A little adventure. You'll love it. I promise," Pleb replied as she took the bag from the informed Michelle. "Let's go." Aled nodded, clutching onto a small llama plush.

When the duo met up with the other eight other wizards, they found that Gandalf was there. He was holding two staffs. One was a amethyst purple staff with a glowing purple curved center that looked strangely like a closed eye. The other was a golden yellow staff with flowers blooming out of the sides. Vines wrapped around he staff, forming a handle.

"Before you children leave," Gandalf said. "These two staffs are for you. This one." He held up the purple staff. "Is mainly for two of you." He held up the other. "And this one is for three of you. I can't say which one is for who, because I am not certain myself, but I can say that when the right ones hold these, you will know." He paused, wrinkling his forehead as if trying to remember something. "Ah yes. And Annabeth Chen will be joining you."

Ian spoke up. "Who's-" But he was interrupted when an elder of the village approached them.

"I'm Annabeth," they said. She grinned. "I will be assisting you children on your adventure" He took the staffs into his hands and put them in a bag that was attached to his back.

"Well, good luck children." Gandalf smiled. "Some may say that this adventure is pointless. But believe me. You children know a lot. Especially some of you." The group walked a couple feet before Gandalf called out. "Wait! I forgot to say! You'll be taking Amy with you! She'll be waiting for you outside the Empire! And she knows where to go!"

. . .

And indeed, when the group that was now made up of eleven reached the border, they saw a large light purple dragon waiting for them.

"Hey Amy!" Annabeth smiled at the dragon. He waved at her.

Amy huffed, a puff of smoke emitting out of her snout. As the group approached her, she lowered her right wing to let them aboard her back. When the group of twelve got comfortable, the purple dragon stood, getting ready to take flight.

. . .

When night fell, Amy moved closer to a clearing in a forest. She lowered herself down and didn't move before falling asleep.

"I guess this is our rest stop," Kezra said, getting off.

There was a cabin in front of them. "Should we go in there?" Galactic asked.

"Hello!" A 17 year old girl with black hair and dyed green tips emerged from the cottage. She wore a green hoodie and black baggy jeans. "I'm Evergreen Leafy. Gandalf informed me of your possible arrival."

"I'm Annabeth," the elder said, stepping up. "I am accompanying this group of children on their adventure."

"Very well," Evergreen said with a kind smile on her face. "Come in and make yourselves at home."