Chapter 3 - Books

Chapter 3 - Books

—————————————————————

Galactic shut her dorm door shut with her foot.

"Hellooo," she called out in a singsong voice.

"Hi Galactic!" Someone with light brown hair appeared in front of the blonde.

"Hi!" A boy with short black hair appeared behind Honey.

"What are you two up to?" Galactic made her way to her room. The three had separate rooms. They were lucky enough to get a three room dorm. Typically, the students got two room dorms. Dorms could have anywhere from three to four people in them.

Galactic's room was considerably small. The walls were painted turquoise. Her ceiling was enchanted to look like a continuously swirling galaxy. Her bed was tucked away in the corner. At the wall across from her bed, was a bookshelf full of manga and fiction. Particularly, My Hero Academia, The Blue Exorcist, Demon Slayer, and a couple more. RIght next to the bookshelf was a desk.

"Homework...Can you help me with history?" Honey looked over at Galactic with hopeful eyes.

"Well, I don't really know much about it-"

"But you always get high grades on the tests!"

"I just go with my gut." Galactic threw her bag onto her bed.

"Lucky. I go with my gut. And then my gut tells me that it's wrong," Honey complained.

"Well, F."

She stepped into the closet to change.

"And that's why I don't have a wizard outfit," Honey sang from outside.

"You're just lazy," Ash said, teasingly. Honey huffed at their friend's teasing remark. "It's true and you know it."

"He's right!" Galactic called from inside the closet.

Galactic climbed up the ladder to her bunk. She glanced at the framed pictures on the wall. She wasn't sure how, but when she first stepped into the room, those pictures were already there. Honey had assumed that it was a couple of the things that Galactic had brought. Unusually, instead of being clear, the pictures were blurry. She could barely make out a picture of a dog or cat or some animal, a group of people and a couple more. However, some of them have been getting slightly clearer recently.

Galactic turned her attention to Honey who was humming softly as they spun around, making vines and flowers grow up the walls.

"Show off," Galactic teased.

"Not my fault your specialty is curses and mines are plants," Honey said, sticking their tongue out at the taller.

"Mines is much more interesting," Galactic said, sticking her tongue back at her friend.

"How rude," Honey said, playfully, rolling their eyes.

. . .

"Oi!" Drake slammed the door shut with his foot as soon as him and Ian stepped into the dorm.

"Don't slam it!" Pleb cried out, appearing out of her room. "You're gonna break it if you keep doing that," she huffed, crossing her arms in front of her.

Drake rolled his eyes. "You're no fun." He grabbed Ian's hand and dragged him to their room.

"Quite glad I don't have to share a room with you two." Pleb leaned against their bedroom doorway.

The boys' room was clearly split in half without even having to ask. Two different beds were pushed on opposite sides. Ian's side had fiery orange painted walls and an iron fireplace tucked away in the corner with a pile of firewood right in front of it. Nothing on Ian's side was made of wood. Not the bed frame or desk.