Chapter 4 - A Sense of Adventure

—————————————————————

"Who are you?" Pleb asked abruptly.

"I'm Kezra. You?"

"I'm Pleb. This is Aled."

"Do you know anywhere we can explore?" Aled asked, excitedly.

"Well," Kezra said. "I've heard rumors that there is a ruin of some sort around here somewhere."

"Can we go there?!" Aled asked Pleb.

"Of course."

"Come on!" Kezra broke off into a run.

Soon enough, the three arrived at the ruins of another kingdom. Or Empire of some sort.

"They say this place is haunted by ghosts. And sometimes, you can even hear them," Kezra teased.

"Oooo!" Aled let himself down from Pleb's shoulders and ran off.

"Not too far!" Pleb called out after him.

"Okay!"

"What is this place?" Pleb asked Kezra.

"A ruin of an old empire."

"How do you know about this place?"

"I heard about it once or twice before."

Pleb looked around the ruins, her eyes landing on Kezra as he walked off, exploring the remains. She frowned. Then a quiet gasp escaped past her lips. On the back of Kezra's head, for a flicker of a second, hardly noticeable, was a glowing purple eye.

. . .

"We need to talk to him about this!" Ian tightened his grip around the two books.

"What if we get in trouble?!" Drake cried out, pulling the two books back towards himself.

"I'll do it whether you like it or not!" Ian yanked the books out of Drake's grip and made a run for it. He slammed the door behind him in an attempt to slow Drake down.

"Hey!" Drake ran after Ian, following him. Drake then ran into someone with deep brown eyes.

"Hey!" Honey glared at Drake. "Drake!"

"Sorry Honey!" Drake called back to his science partner.

"What are you doing?" Honey grabbed Drake's wrist.

"Sorry, I have to get to Ian!" Drake tried to escape Honey's grip. Honey raised an eyebrow in response. Drake was left with the only option to drag Honey along. So he did.

"HEY!" Honey could barely keep up to their friend's speed.

Drake ran up a tall tower and up a spiral staircase. When the two reached the top, they were both out of breath. They found Ian knocking on the old wooden door.

"Ian!" Drake felt panicked. He grabbed his roommate's shoulder. But just then, the door was opened by an old man with a gray beard.

"What's going on here?" Gandalf asked, squinting his eyes.

"Nothing! Nothing sir," Drake said quickly.

Gandalf looked over at Drake. "Dear boy, no one comes to my office for no reason."

"Sir, we need to talk to you," Ian spoke up.

Gandalf looked at Ian, Drake, and Honey in the eye. He gestured to them. "Come in."

. . .

Galactic stared at the wall, blanking out. She heard something fall and she snapped back to reality. She stood up and grabbed her book from inside the desk. The Land of Stories.