Chapter 8 - Home

Chapter 8 - Home

—————————————————————

Early the next morning, the wizards had set off again. By midday, the group of 11 arrived at a small circle. Ember read the signs on 13 different podiums, her eyes widening.

"Gandalf was right," she muttered. "I am intrigued on this errand."

"Where are we?" Kezra asked.

Then their communicators pinged in unison.

<JOEYGRACEFFA> who are you people

<Smajor1995> I didn't know we were getting new members

<SolidarityGaming> who?

"Ummm." Odette put away her communicator. "We should split up and explore."

"I agree," Ian replied. "Maybe we should do groups of 3."

"Great," Drake said. "My group will have Ian, Pleb, and Aled."

"Kezra, Galactic, and Ash," Honey immediately said.

"Guess we're together," Ember said to Odette and Annabeth.

"Alrighty then," Annabeth said. "Let's meet up back here when we're done."

"Or we can talk on communicators and find a place to stay," Ember said.

"I prefer Ember's idea," Ian said, abruptly.

. . .

As soon as they stepped out of the circle, they went on their way.

Honey immediately dragged their group to a certain empire.

"Finally," they sang.

"Where are we?" Galactic asked.

"Dawn!" Honey beamed, running inside. Ash glanced at the other two, shrugging.

When they got inside, they were greeted by a woman with long ginger hair and butterfly wings with a pink dress.

"Princess Gem!" Honey immediately bowed to the said princess.

"Oh!" The Ginger's face flushed in embarrassment. "Don't bow to me, Honey. You already know we're all equals here."

"Um, Honey?" Kezra said. "How do you know her?"

"Because this is where I come from!" Honey smiled.

. . .

Ember excitedly bounced over to a mangrove biome, easily making her way through the thick trees and misty air while Odette and Annabeth barely escaped getting lost.

"Ember, wait up!" Odette struggled to keep up as the blazeborne made her way into a small clearing.

"Shelby!" Ember cried out for a certain witch.

There was silence as Odette and Annabeth emerged into the clearing. "Ember...?" A witch with dark brown hair stepped out of her hut upon hearing her name.

"SHELBY!" Ember immediately ran over to hug her old friend.

"Ember," Shelby gasped. "I haven't seen you in so long! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Ember stepped back, grinning at Shelby before her smile faded. "You look...different..."

. . .

Aled sat upon Pleb's shoulders. The four of them wandered in a random direction until a colorful empire came into view. Aled gave a small gasp upon seeing it. He immediately let himself down from Pleb and ran, holding his llama plush.

"Hey!" The three friend chased the younger. Upon getting closer to the empire, a scent of flowers grew stronger and stronger.

"ALED!" Ian yelled for the kid but didn't get a response.

Then they heard another voice yell Aled's name. But it didn't belong to any of them.

When Ian, Drake, and Pleb found the six year old, they found him hugging and being hugged by a colorful man with cyan blue hair. Both boys were laughing happily as if they haven't seen each other in years.