17

After fifteen minutes, she came out of the room, pulling back the heavy curtains. She changed into a grey long sleeve dress and covered her head with a scarf. A decent look which was considered pleasant in Arab world.

She saw Oman sitting comfortably on one of the couches. His gaze was already fixed on her. It seemed he was waiting for her.

They both looked at each other silently. She placed her hands behind her back, waiting for Oman to speak. While he surveyed her body closely, as if it were a map of places he planned to conquer, He was pleased with her attire.

Only the sound of wind could be heard, which was sneaking through the opened window. Still, this silence was so loud that it made Tara nervous. She was looking down at her naked feet.

The way she constantly avoided looking him in the eye was starting to irritate him.

Slowly, he got up and stepped towards her. When he finally spoke, his voice was deep and husky.

"Next time, don't walk away from me," he told her, still angry with her for rejecting him.

She threw daggers at him in return. He still didn't get it; she doesn't want him to look at any woman.

Her innocent heart sank every time she saw another woman looking at him. He was a clever man, but it was really surprising that he didn't understand her feelings.

Disappointingly, she squeezed her eyes and looked away in anger.

Oman was seething in anger now. He didn't want to get mad, but her childish behaviour made his mood foul.

"You have become so disrespectful toward me." His eyes narrowed dangerously at her as he pointed a finger at her.

"You are a donkey."

"SHUT UP!" he barked at her, making her flinch back.

"ENOUGH OF YOUR DRAMA. I am trying to be polite, and you are playing games with me," he gritted his teeth.

He didn't know why he was getting so angry, but right now he wasn't thinking straight.

He knew she wasn't mature enough to understand their relationship, but at the same time, he wanted her to be a submissive wife.

Her chin wobbled, and tears threatened to fall. She flipped and stomped toward the exit door and was about to walk out when he spoke in a dangerous tone.

"Stop right there or I'll break your legs." His words made her shiver, and she stopped in her tracks. Tara swung viciously at his leering face.

"You don't like listening?" He spoke with bitterness as he swiftly grabbed her wrist and clutched it.

"Ahh"

He grabbed her chin to force her to look at him. Her eyes were full of tears as she struggled to look him in the eye.

"When I speak to you, you will do me the respect of looking me in the eye and answering me." The way he spoke confused her. His voice was stern and loud. She didn't want to make trouble.

There was something about him that frightened her. Sometimes he becomes so aggressive. Now she wasn't mad but scared of him.

Oman cornered her by the wall as he roughly grabbed her waist. With his hand, he grabbed the back of her hair, forcing her to look him in the eye again. This time she didn't dare look away.

His sleeves were rolled up to expose his muscular forearms. She had experienced his tremendous strength.

"I was expecting you to be a good wife, but you are just a brat," he said with finality. His voice was rougher now.