Big

I didn't know how many times they wanted to keep reassigning me. From Kinn to Kim then to Tankhun and now back to Kinn.

Just because I was the bodyguard, didn't mean that they had to throw me around everywhere. Ever since Porsche left for Chay and to remain out of touch and contact, all these movements had taken place and Kinn was really a shadow of his former self. He was still quiet, menacing and ruthless but there was a dissociation. He had little to zero empathy and and that was unlike him. And comparing him to Vegas who suddenly turned into some fairy post dating Pete, Kinn's changes seemed even more apparent.

I didn't even realize Vegas had this soft nurturing side to him and that Kinn could be this detached from everyone. It was scary. It was frightening and most importantly it seemed incredibly lonely but Kinn didn't seem to care.

I was having my lunch when the alarm buzzed. Kinn wanted something but since it was a Sunday, most of the guards were out for their day off. I had chosen to stay since I just needed time away from human interaction but looks like Kinn needed something.

He was the boss and what boss says, goes so I went in to see him, leaving my lunch half eaten.

"I need the cctv footage from 2 nights ago at the pool area. Get security to email it to me within an hour."

"Yes Sir. Anything else?"

Kinn just dismissed me with a wave of his hands. He didn't even look at me. I just tried to not roll my eyes and passed the message to security and stood there making sure they retrieved and emailed it to him before I went back to my lunch which was about 30 minutes later. I had barely sat down when Kinn buzzed again.

I sucked in a gasp of breath and went to see him. He had a few more tasks and all of it centered around surveillance. I cocked my head in confusion.

"Is there a reason for this? Anything I can help with?"

"Yes, help by doing your fucking job Big. And stop asking questions."

I admit, that took me back a little. What was with the attitude? I just nodded and left, getting all he needed. Finally I went back to my food, having lost all appetite. I threw away my remaining lunch and just sighed, unaware that Kinn had seen it all.