Kinn

I just swore under my breath and walked off, pissed with that asshole and Big too who didn't seem to care.

He just got freaking insulted and he let it go?! How and why would he?! And why was I getting crazily affected by that?!

I walked towards my room and was about to close my door when Big stopped me. He must have ran after me as he was trying to catch his breath abit.

He held onto my hand and refused to let go, insisting we had to talk. And he took the next bravest step of his life in terms of crossing my personal boundaries I ever seen him do. He grabbed my hand, pulled me into my room; locked the door and stood firmly in front of it, still holding my hand.

We both looked at each other for a while and he was about to speak when the phone rang. It was Sun. I looked at it ring and was about to answer when Big stopped me, shaking his head no.

I was torn between listening to him and wanting to just avoid this whole situation by speaking with Sun instead. Then Big did something that just threw me off guard and quelled my idea of wanting to talk to Sun. He pulled me towards him and leaned his head on my shoulder instead.

"Big..."

"Let me be like this for a while ok? You have no idea on how I feel now. It's not that I don't care. But to me that guy can talk shit and I wouldn't fucking care as long as he doesn't insult you. Your reputation, your feelings, you, matter more than how I feel or my reputation. Do you get it? And you being upset at me is setting me off because all I want to do is make it right again."

Against my better judgement, my hands went around him and I pulled him in even tighter. We stayed like that for a bit, just soaking in the moment. Finally Big pulled away from me, looking flushed.

"I can't call you anything else other than Sir during work. Or anytime else. I'm so used to it. But it doesn't mean I don't care. I do. I just.." He trailed off.

He wasn't wrong. He just wanted to do his job. He was doing a great job. He was being professional. It was me who was taking it personal and wanted more without even realising it.

"I'm sorry. You are great. You are doing your job. Being professional about it. It was me. I don't know when it started being more personal for me and I started letting my guard down again around you and so things hit me more deeply. I'm sorry. I really should be more professional."

"No. You don't get it. I never do this. I don't hold onto people I work for and tell them in their faces I care for them. This is as personal as I can get. But I can't call you by your name because I'm not used to it. But don't mistake it as me being professional. I know how to be. But right now, this is me just being Big. Myself. With you. Damn it, stop making me care more for you. Im not sure what it means to me."

Before I could reply, Sun called again. I looked at my phone. Before I could respond, Big uttered, "Do not answer. I know it will piss me off if you do answer it."

I looked at Big silently and made my decision. "I know what it means to me"

And I leaned in to kiss him softly.