Kinn

Finally, about 2 days later, Big's condition stabilised and he was sent to the private ward. I had insisted that he be given a private room for recovery. But this also meant we could finally see him.

I walked in and he was resting. His eyes were closed so I thought he was sleeping. I sat down quietly by his side and just touched his fingers oh so softly just to be able to feel him and yet not wake him up but then I heard him utter, "Hello Sir. How you been?"

I looked up at him in shock. His eyes were open and a small tired smile playing at his lips.

"You are awake? Since when?"

"Since I was wheeled in. I regained consciousness which is why they sent me here." He replied slowly but clearly. I just sighed and looked at him, my eyes glimmering again. He tried to raise his hands but was too tired to do so. I leaned in to cover the distance and held his hand so he could touch my cheeks.

I kissed the palm of his hand softly and his eyes glimmered in response. "I'm glad you are ok and back. I missed you so much...."

Big just nodded but didn't say anything. I didn't dare ask him about what he had said before he had passed out. I wonder if he actually did remember it. But I figured it can wait. Not asking him didn't mean he didn't say it or it changed the way on how I felt about him.

Nurse Nung came in. "Ah I see you are awake. Finally. Now that you are, please tell your faen to eat. And maybe get some rest too. He's been here for 2 days straights, no meals and sleep."

Big just looked at her for the longest time and just as he opened his mouth, she interrupted him. "Wait, sorry, he's your boss right? Not your faen. Right?"

I looked at her and just low key glared at her. Jsut then I heard Big reply, "Sorry Phi. I apologise on behalf of my faen. I will ask him to eat and rest. Could you get him a blanket and pillows? He can be a stubborn man but I promise to make him listen."

I was fighting the bloody blush that was erupting so fast over my face that I couldn't even stop it. The nurse just chuckled and promised to come back with the pillow and blanket. I turned to look at him and coughed to break up the momentum.

Big looked at me and just said, "I hope you remember what I told you before I passed out. I remember every word and I mean it. I hope you remember that. Whether I work for Vegas or you, my loyalty to your family wouldn't change and neither would my feelings for you. I liked you way too long and it's about time I confessed."

"Big..."

"I liked you since I was 19, Kinn. When I first joined the family, when I started working for you. I know you didn't see me that way. I know you loved Tawan, then Porsche. And I was happy for you. For whatever makes you happy, makes me happy. But i got the sense I make you happy which is why I'm confessing now. I like you too much to pretend otherwise and I want you to know you will always be my no.1 priority."

I just stared stunned at Big. How long now?! 10 years? He has liked me for the last 10 years and he has not even said a single word?! He saw me through Tawan, Porsche and the numerous boy toys I had and not once, did he ever make me feel any lesser or cheap or was even remotely upset with me. How did he get through seeing me with other people if he liked me so much?

"Because, its just not like. Its love. And to be honest, I was prepared that I would never be with you the way I hoped to be but my feelings for you, wouldn't go away so I made peace with it and let you be whilst I loved you from afar. And that made me happy enough."

I kept quiet the entire time. I usually had something to say or retort but for once, I was just stunned.

Big loves me? He loves me?! He loves me!

That was all that ran through my head as we were interrupted by my dad and the rest of the boys. I stood up letting them see and fawn over Big whilst I stood at one corner just keeping him in my sight. But I also realized he had me in his sight the entire time too.